Manx winners in N Ireland
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
Manx winners in N Ireland
Conor Cummins has flown the flag yesterday for us Manxies with an outstanding victory and lap record at Dundrod against the finest road racers to be found anywhere on the planet.

Richard Milky Quayle won the Newcomers race at the UGP in 2001, but who was the Manx rider who won the Support race at the Killinchy "150" 19 years ago on the Dundrod course. Riding a TZ 350 Yamaha in 1990?
In this country, it is customary to offer generous gratuities to taxi drivers
14-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Manx winners in N Ireland
(14-08-2009, 11:09 AM)Barry Wood Wrote: Conor Cummins has flown the flag yesterday for us Manxies with an outstanding victory and lap record at Dundrod against the finest road racers to be found anywhere on the planet.

Richard Milky Quayle won the Newcomers race at the UGP in 2001, but who was the Manx rider who won the Support race at the Killinchy "150" 19 years ago on the Dundrod course. Riding a TZ 350 Yamaha in 1990?

Paul Rome? (RIP)

But was that not 1991??

Icon_confused
14-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Manx winners in N Ireland
Larry my friend, you are right. I'm sorry for misleading you by a year. It was Paul Rome indeed. I am getting a bit rusty posting questions these days and it was done from memory. I entered the Killinchy in 1990 but I couldn't afford to go after a crash at Church Bends in practice for the Pre-TT Classic and I destroyed my helmet and couldn't afford another one. I seem to recall Alan Gibson won the race I would have been in on a TZ 350, and he was something to do with the organising club as he was helping with the work party to clear the circuit away. Like I say, thats just from memory, but something like that. How ya doin anyway my friend????
In this country, it is customary to offer generous gratuities to taxi drivers
14-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Find Reply