This site,
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
This site,
Ok were have all the regulars gone to there is not must action on here?

PM sent to you Pykey.

Malcolm
Roll on Kells 2010
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2009, 01:07 PM by Malcolm.)
23-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: This site,
(23-09-2009, 11:58 AM)pykey Wrote: Ok were have all the regulars gone to there is not must action on here?

Could have something to do with the Clubby Clubby gang from the poison factory, spread to much poison about
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2009, 01:06 PM by Malcolm.)
23-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
(Today 11:58 AM)pykey Wrote:
Quote :
Ok were have all the regulars gone to there is not must action on here?

Could have something to do with the Clubby Clubby gang from the poison factory, spread to much poison about

Would you care to expand on that statement George ? as personally i find it rather insulting.

Unless i have misunderstood you and you actually meant .......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poison_(band)

I posted recently re my friends stolen racing bike but other than that for me, there has not been too much to reply too. Possibly due to the time of year or the variety of racing sites now avaliable for people to use.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2009, 05:15 PM by Stella.)
23-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Stella i think you know what i mean but this site used to fire on all cylinders Confused
Roll on Kells 2010
23-09-2009, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Yes i do Pykey, and i dont think the reply from George, whoever he is ? will do too much to attract further replies, hence the apparent lack of response.

Good result so far tonight for your team tho Icon_wink
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
23-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
(23-09-2009, 08:22 PM)Stella Wrote: Yes i do Pykey, and i dont think the reply from George, whoever he is ? will do too much to attract further replies, hence the apparent lack of response.

Good result so far tonight for your team tho Icon_wink

I agree with you Stella
Who is this George?

I miss the informative group that used to be here

Am I part of the poison?

Never been accussed of that before!!
MV
27-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Ah well, guess George remains a mystery to us all, not even got the decency to clarify his post .....

Looks like the moderators gon awol also, amazing how some posts tended to disappear or a pm given in explanation.
Cannot help but feel this does no good to the image this "friendly" chat forum used to present.

As posted earlier the lack of response pehaps speaks volumes.
27-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hi Stella, and others.

(27-09-2009, 06:48 PM)Stella Wrote: Ah well, guess George remains a mystery to us all, not even got the decency to clarify his post .....

I suppose clarification remains the responsibility of "George" to carry out, if he feels that he needs to or should do.

Looks like the moderators gon awol also, amazing how some posts
tended to disappear or a pm given in explanation.

I have not gone awol Stella, however I do not have the time to dedicate to the site like I used to have and sometimes I cannot review postings as and how I used to do in order to maintain decency on here.

However, whenever I get the chance, I will edit postings, delete them if I think they deserve that, PM people to explain any actions I have taken or to explain any other issues; all of the foregoing being actions that would be expected of Moderator, and will continue to be undertaken as and when I think it necessary.

Cannot help but feel this does no good to the image this "friendly" chat forum used to present.

I agree with your statement and it is rather unfortunate that people are only too quick to pass negative comments, rather than anything that could be construed as positive regarding the site. It started out free to use and it is still free to use, not like some other websites out there. It has been provided for all of you to use at my sole expense, and it has been updated (perhaps not as regular as it should have been) by introducing many additional features (some that have worked, others that haven't). However, perhaps it is time for someone else to come forward with a format and a new website that will cater for your needs, where TTwebsite apparently fails. Perhaps TTwebsite has now run its course.

Please refer to my responses in blue.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2009, 12:31 PM by Malcolm.)
28-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(28-09-2009, 09:00 AM)Malcolm Wrote: Hi Stella, and others.

(27-09-2009, 06:48 PM)Stella Wrote: Ah well, guess George remains a mystery to us all, not even got the decency to clarify his post .....

I suppose clarification remains the responsibility of "George" to carry out, if he feels that he needs to or should do.

Looks like the moderators gon awol also, amazing how some posts
tended to disappear or a pm given in explanation.

I have not gone awol Stella, however I do not have the time to dedicate to the site like I used to have and sometimes I cannot review postings as and how I used to do in order to maintain decency on here.

However, whenever I get the chance, I will edit postings, delete them if I think they deserve that, PM people to explain any actions I have taken or to explain any other issues; all of the foregoing being actions that would be expected of Moderator, and will continue to be undertaken as and when I think it necessary.

I agree with your statement and it is rather unfortunate that people are only too quick to pass negative comments, rather than anything that could be construed as positive regarding the site. It started out free to use and it is still free to use, not like some other websites out there. It has been provided for all of you to use at my sole expense, and it has been updated (perhaps not as regular as it should have been) by introducing many additional features (some that have worked, others that haven't). However, perhaps it is time for someone else to come forward with a format and a new website that will cater for your needs, where TTwebsite apparently fails. Perhaps TTwebsite has now run its course.

Please refer to my responses in blue.

Malcolm.
Hi Malcolm,

I for one appreciate what you do for the TT web site and I know that you have, and still do work very hard on it. I find it very informative and a lot of the website members contribute in a positive and knowelagble way. Please ignore the knockers and negative postings they will eventualy go away. You are doing a very good job, please do not jack it in.

Pat.
28-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
I have just been looking for something on youtube and came across a video showing Giacomo Agostini's last win on the 500cc MV Agusta at the Nurburgring in 1976. The quality of the video is not very good, however it shows a proper racing bike, making a proper racing noise on a proper road racing circuit. To find this go to youtube, and type in MV Agusta the last win. There must be loads of sites and videos like this one. Perhaps we can get this site really buzzing, Was anybody actualy at the Nurburgring on that day?, are their any video clips of the MV's Jawa's, Bianchi's, Mondials, Moto Guzzi's (the V8 ?) in the IOM ?. Perhaps sombody can let me know of any video clips of the F1 & F2 Ducati's in the IOM during the early 80's.

Let's keep this sight active.

Pat.
28-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Not sure if the negative comments are aimed at me ?

But to clarify my posting, for many years i too have enjoyed and contributed to the TTwebsite. Hence the offence i took at the post by "George .... whoever he is" as a long term poster, reader and contributor, felt hurt and upset by his remarks. He / she is not even man enough to come on and clear up any confusion.

Yes if TTwebsite folded i would be disapointed and yes there are other roads websites for plenty info to be gained from. But its because i did enjoy this forum that i felt the need to reply.

I`m also a moderator on another well known forum and reckon i would have either asked "George" to explain his statement by PM if neccessary, or remove the offending post given the time that its remained unanswered.

As for :

You misunderstand me Malcolm i was refering to forum posters, not yourself. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding on my part.

Sadly i can see myself taking a step back from TTwebsite, but thanks for the memories over the many seasons that i honestly very much enjoyed being a part of and the many friendships made over the seasons also.
(This post was last modified: 28-09-2009, 06:33 PM by Stella.)
28-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
I have to say that I agree with everything Stella has said, while at the same time feeling very genuine gratitude to Malcolm for providing a site for us to use at his own considerable expense for getting on for 10 years now.

The first time I first gained access to the Internet was around late 2000 or early 2001, and one of the first sites I found was ttwebsite. Paul Phillips had just taken over as site editor, and for a year or so the site was one of the best, perhaps even THE best website I have ever had the pleasure of browsing about any sport. It was an absolute dream for any road race enthusiast and was the best road racing site bar none - helped in part by not having a great deal of competition from other sites in those days. People were falling over themselves to contribute and it was a real pleasure to log on every day - well, about 20 times a day to be honest! Who remembers Barry Wood's famous TT quiz, for example?

Lots of other good road racing sites have appeared since, but I have never found one better than ttwebsite was in those days. Nobody could ever really hope to follow the job Paul did, and when he moved on it was inevitable that the site would struggle to keep the momentum going. With many other sites out there now it is a different ball game these days, and people will inevitably look elsewhere if they do not find what they want on a particular site or don't feel welcome.

I think Stella is absolutely right to say that postings such as the one by 'George' in this thread are almost certainly the reason why not many people bother to post here any more, and it is a great shame. There have been some cracking debates on the forum over the years, but unless the site is regularly and strictly monitored then postings such as the one by 'George' will just continue to drive people away.
28-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
i try to post when ever i can, as i do with other sites, sometimes, i dont get the time, and i feel guitly!, i look after my own site first, but i try to treat all other good motor cycle sites with equality, yes, i have also thought, there hasnt been the same craic in recent months, maybe this will pick up, it is hard work keeping the momentum up on a site.
heres for the future
baylon
28-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
I Belong to a speedway forum in Australia. Because of one particularly nasty, idiot of a poster all but a couple of members left the site. When this poster was told to pull his head in he settled down for a while, hence the old regulars returned. But guess what, it wasn't long before the idiot returned to his spiteful ways so we ganged up, the site was closed and re-opened and the offender was refused permission to join again. Unfortunately it only takes one to upset the whole applecart.
Jan
28-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: This site
I am truly saddened to read this string and have wondered for a while where the regulars have "gone".

I have been looking at the extensive member list available above and have been seeing just how many of these members refrain from placing any communications on this site.

I know a number of people have taken umbrage over the last few months for one reason or another but isn't it time we put down weapons and declared a common peace so that we can have a great forum again.

I, therefore, as one of the elders contributing to this site, call on all people who take time read this site to just identify yourselves by placing some TT topic which we can discuss and get the forum underway again.

http://www.ttfan2.co.uk/2010tt.htm
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2009, 11:42 AM by ian huntly.)
29-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
I think your words of peace are admirable Ian but yoiu will find there has been to much said on here and aside for us to go back where we were when I joined

I still visit here but it isnt the same any more

I would love to see it as it was
MV
29-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I'm sorry but many of us don't know the full story of the demise of some of the "team" and frankly it doesn't matter any more...This is a FORUM not a field of battle where a few have apparently had a spit.

As a forum it should remain as such and I for one will continue to post my ramblings, hoping people will either agree with me or not on the subjects I post.

Since my return from TT2009 I have been in hospital and now am in the recovery stages, yet I still tune in on a regular basis. It is the TTWEBSITE FORUM and should continue to be IOMTT orientated and I hope to continue being a contributor for a good while yet.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
29-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Website Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
Twnkle (Stella) pm sent
29-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
(29-09-2009, 05:06 PM)ian huntly Wrote: It is the TTWEBSITE FORUM and should continue to be IOMTT orientated and I hope to continue being a contributor for a good while yet.

Ian/Pat, thank you so much for reminding everyone what the Forum is and what is was originally set up for - Discussions on Motorcycle Racing Activities for EVERYONE to participate in.

Over the past few days I have been somewhat surprised to discover PM's and emails arriving in my inbox, supporting the site and also the actions that I took a few months back where I banned certain people from the site, as a precautionary measure to ensure the integrity of the site itself.

I may add, that I have been somewhat dis-heartened over the past few months with the attitude of certain people who have decided to "take sides" without knowing the full story behind what happened. However such is life and I have had to live with that. I may also add that when I reviewed the listing of those that have made their decision to take sides, either by adding what I consider to be negative content within their postings, or by remaining totally silent whilst continuing to view the site (yes I have the facility to see who is on line at any time), I see that they are primarily the people who have benefited most out of direct association to both myself and the site in the past. Yet those who have expressed their support, are those who only visit the site occasionally and are not known to me personally.

That resultant analysis tells me all that I now need to know.

What has gone has gone and the site will NOT revert to how it was with the people involved, who were here previously.

If it upsets people, then unfortunately that is how it will have to be.

I personally have had quite enough of the comments regarding the demise of both Helen and Cargo on the site. I had my reasons for doing what I did and I stick by my decisions in taking the actions that I instigated.

Please be advised - Any further postings that anyone makes on the site, that I consider to be relative to the situation of Helen and/or Cargo will be deleted. Any Threads that go off topic and re-introdue the Helen and Cargo topic, will be edited and possibly deleted.

If that upsets you, then I am sorry, but that is how it is going to be from now on.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincerest thanks to those of you who have taken the time to either PM me or email on this matter and to let me know that there are people out there who do support me and the actions that I took, and also want to see the site continue.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2009, 04:10 PM by Malcolm.)
30-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Website Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
Malcolm,

Many of us, including myself have absolutely no idea why previous members have been banned. That is between you and them, and no-one elses business.
I myself only post when I have something constructive to say, but I visit the site regularly, as you know from your statistics. The fact that I do not always post is in no way an indication of taking sides.
The site has always been informative and interesting to me, and in fact I quite like it when some posters get a little "cheeky"- as long as it is not offensive.

Keep up the good work
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
30-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Website Find Reply