How to get more racers to the MGP
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
How to get more racers to the MGP
Yes, I was asked about how to get more racers to the Manx...

And my (jaded) thinking is that instead of trying to get one racer at a time, is to go to the various race organizations world wide and put an advert or invite in their publications. There are a lot of racers that dream of racing the TT Course... but lack the knowledge needed to get there. The Manx Supporters does an awesome job, ONCE a rider(s) contact them. But I think you need a method to let the racers (especially those outside the UK) know what you have available, help wise.

I have a tentative "yes" by two racers for next year... so I am trying from my end.

Also perhaps it may be wise to have a 2-year plan. Bring in groups of racers as spectators, show them the "ropes" let them meet some of the veteran racers, etc, then bring them back the next year to race..

In the states there are several race organizations, AHRMA, WERA, AMA, etc. They all have a magazine and / or a WEB site. And I am sure there are similar organizations in other countries... Sometimes an invite with a "we will help you" goes a long way.... I know that without the help I have received the last two years, I would never of made it...!!

Yes, a BIG thank you for all the encouragment from a bunch of you "guys."

Cheers.!!

Ron = The Crazy Yank that loves the Manx..!!
(This post was last modified: 26-09-2009, 05:58 PM by Gstarron.)
26-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Find Reply