STEVE PLATER – OULTON PARK PREVIEW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER – OULTON PARK PREVIEW
[Image: platersstone1.gif]

As we head into the season finale at Oulton Park on Sunday, Steve Plater knows that ideally he needs to finish the race ahead of the only other title contender, Billy McConnell to lift the trophy that has eluded him for the past 11 years.

Plater, who rides for HM Plant Honda and lives at Woodhall Spa not far away from the team headquarters in Louth, goes into the final round of the Fuchs/Silkolene British Supersport championship with a 11 point advantage over his rival and is aiming for a win, to not only win the championship but also the last race of the campaign.

“It would be an ideal situation for me if I can win the race, but of course things don’t always pan out as expected,” explained the jovial Lincolnshire rider.

“And of course we have to remember that we are now into October and the weather might have a say in proceedings like the last time we were at Oulton.

If Billy happens to win I can’t take anything for granted and need to finish on the podium, but I will approach this race in exactly the same way as any other – and that is to win.”

It may be a two horse race for the title but there are a number of riders who will be out to win the last race of the season. James Westmoreland, who was the runaway winner at Silverstone and fellow Lincolnshire rider Ben Wilson will both be putting in a strong performance and challenging for victory so it wont be all plain sailing for the HM Plant Honda star who has already taken the win in the Senior TT and his two races at the North West 200 this year.

Free practice and qualifying take place on Friday and Saturday, October 9/10 prior to the final round of the Fuchs/Silkolene British Supersport championship that takes place over 15 laps of the 2.269-mile Cheshire circuit on Sunday, October 11 starting at 4pm.

Pic credit Dean Owen
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Website Find Reply