KTM Pulls Out of 125cc Grand Prix World Championships
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
KTM Pulls Out of 125cc Grand Prix World Championships
After pulling the plug on it's 250cc GP program in 2008, KTM has now announced it will not continue with a factory team in the 125cc Grand Prix World Championship in the coming season.

In 2010 the Austrian sports motorcycle manufacturer will continue to place a main focus on its supported programme, the Red Bull Rookies Cup. In the Red Bull Rookies Cup talented young riders' race specially prepared KTM 125cc production bikes.

"The current situation in motorcycle racing and in the entire industry has resulted in us adapting our motor sport strategy on asphalt," the KTM Motorsport Department commented on the future activity.

"KTM has made a conscious decision concerning the topic of youth development. We will continue to maintain this by providing maximum support and training for young talent, also in difficult times. At the same time we must be responsible for fielding salable KTM street bikes in competition. Strengthening the racing activity around our street Superbike, the RC8 R is a logical step."

As well as 22 victories, 46 podium places and 19 pole positions in the 125cc and 250cc world championship classes, KTM also won the manufacturer's world championship title in the 125cc class in 2005.

KTM will continue its current program with the Red Bull KTM factory team to the end of the current season and support it's current riders Marc Marquez and Cameron Beaubier.

GP legend Harald Bartol will also remain with the company as technical mastermind in the area of 125cc racing machines, supporting national and international activities in both word and deed.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Website Find Reply