BSB Oulton Pak - Preview
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BSB Oulton Pak - Preview
Leon Camier goes into the final round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park this weekend already assured of the crown, but the Airwaves Yamaha rider is eager to stretch his record race-winning spree to 20.

The return of the series to the Cheshire circuit, on which earlier in the year Camier chalked up the first of his four winning doubles, provides the opportunity for him to claim a second treble, having won all three races during the “Brands Big Bash” event.

Like Brands, the Oulton season finale will see one race on Saturday afternoon, followed by two more on Sunday.

Camier - who rode for Aprilia in the World Superbike Championship at Magny-Cours last weekend - has made victory a formality for much of the season, winning 17 of the 23 races, but team-mate James Ellison is enjoying a late burst of form as he seeks to fight off Hydrex Honda’s Stuart Easton and claim the runner-up position.

Ellison has been a podium finisher in six of the previous seven races, winning two, including last time out at Silverstone where, having finished second to Camier earlier in the day, he turned the tables on the newly crowned champion.

The Cumbrian is ready for more of the same and admits: “I think I have found something extra in me and the bike which hopefully will continue through these final races of the season.”

He goes into the final three races with a healthy 51 point advantage over Easton who tasted the winner’s champagne in Superbikes for the first time at Croft and, like Ellison is in the midst of a strong consistent run of results - leaving him perfectly placed to capitalise should Ellison falter in the closing stages of the campaign.

“Third place in the championship is secure but while there is a chance of better, then I will go for it - the Hydrex team has given me a package that I can win on, and I am looking for more wins,” said Easton, who like the two Airwaves riders will be checking the form of his former team-mate Karl Harris.

The Yorkshireman has a strong pedigree at the circuit, earlier in the season taking a brace of second places for Hydrex and, now aboard the SMT Honda, Harris is intent on signing off a difficult term on a high note.

Josh Brookes, third in each of the previous four races, will expect to be in podium contention once again while HM Plant Honda team-mate Glen Richards is looking to end an injury-interrupted season with a strong showing.

Ian Lowry, riding the Relentless Suzuki, should also be in the mix at the sharp-end of the pack together with MSS Colchester Kawasaki’s Simon Andrews while John Laverty, riding a similar bike but in Buildbase colours, is long overdue a podium finish, as is Motorpoint Henderson Yamaha rider Chris Walker.

Quay Garage Honda rider Gary Mason expects to add to his winning tally, underlining his Mirror.co.uk Cup title in the Privateers category, but he will be hard pressed by Ultimate Racing Yamaha’s Peter Hickman and Martin Jessopp on the Riders Racing Honda.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Website Find Reply