Bradley Smith runs at second in first practice session
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bradley Smith runs at second in first practice session
The action at the Iveco Australian Grand Prix commenced in cool, dry conditions on Friday at Phillip Island with form rider Pol Espargaró setting the pace.

Winner of two races in the last three rounds, Derbi Racing rider Pol Espargaró has emerged with a late season surge of form in recent weeks and the young Spaniard stated his intentions again at the Iveco Australian Grand Prix as he led the way by a quarter of a second in FP1.

[Image: oz1251.gif]

Espargaró headed the timesheet as the minutes ticked away and as the riders improved their times in the final moments he asserted his authority with a 1’38.435 lap of the picturesque island circuit on the last of his 27 laps to complete the practice ahead of his rivals.

Registering similar times in second and third positions respectively were Bradley Smith (Bancaja Aspar) and Nico Terol (Jack & Jones Team), whilst title candidate Julián Simón (also Bancaja Aspar) was fourth fastest – a tenth of a second down on Terol. Simón can win the title this weekend in Australia but is again relying on the results of Smith and Terol.

Marc Márquez (Red Bull KTM), Sandro Cortese (Ajo Interwetten), Lorenzo Zanetti (Ongetta Team I.S.P.A.), Esteve Rabat (Blusens Aprilia), Simone Corsi (Fontana Racing) and Efrén Vázquez (Derbi Racing Team) all featured in the top ten.

There were crashes for Brits Danny Webb (Degraaf Grand Prix) and Scott Redding (Blusens Aprilia) but neither was reported as seriously injured.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Website Find Reply