Bradley Smith Has It All To Do
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bradley Smith Has It All To Do
Julián Simón may have already sealed the 125cc title, but his Bancaja Aspar team-mate Bradley Smith still has work to do to make sure of second place in the World Championship standings.

[Image: bsmith2.gif]

Bradley on the podium at Philip Island

A last-lap win in Australia delivered Julián Simón the world title after an enthralling battle with Bradley Smith, and now the British rider can further secure his grip on second spot in Malaysia.

Having seen his decision to step back down to 125cc from the 250cc class justified with his title at the weekend, Simón will now want to secure his first-ever podium at Sepang.

Smith’s fine season could continue in Malaysia, at a track where he finished second last year from 13th on the grid, and he has now put together a solid run of four consecutive podium finishes.

The 19 year-old can still be caught by third-placed Nico Terol (Jack & Jones), but with a 21-point gap going into the final two races of the campaign it would take a reversal of his impressive displays to date.

A further 20 points behind Terol sits fourth-placed Pol Espargaró who finished fourth at Phillip Island after qualifying on pole, with Sergio Gadea completing the current top five.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Website Find Reply