Farquhar Takes Irish Motorcyclist of the Year Award
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Farquhar Takes Irish Motorcyclist of the Year Award
Ryan Farquhar’s superb 2009 season got even better last weekend when he was named the NGK Enkalon Irish Motorcyclist of the Year, just reward for a year that saw him not only take 61 road race wins but also surpass Joey Dunlop’s all-time record of 118 Irish road race wins with 121 now to his name.

The Dungannon rider was in imperious form all year long on his KMR Kawasaki’s and took 29% of the public vote to take the trophy for the first time in his illustrious career, coming home ahead of World Superbike and Supersport competitors Jonathan Rea (17%) and Eugene Laverty (16%). Ryan was unable to attend the presentation due to being away in Australia for the Kings of Wanneroo race meeting but he received the trophy in his workshop prior to leaving.

Upon receiving the highly prestigious Joey Dunlop Trophy, Ryan said; “I am delighted to win this Award - especially as this was the year when I surpassed Joey's record of national Road Race wins. I could have wished for a better year, it really has been unbelieveable and certainly one I'll never forget. It’s also very special to beat Jonathan and Eugene given the year’s that they have had in the World Championship series’ and I would like to thank all the people who voted for me. And I am very sorry that I am unable to be there in person at the Awards but I will be raising a glass over in Australia!”

The Kings of Wanneroo event takes place at the Barbagello Raceway, Pert over the weekend of November 6-8.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Website Find Reply