Nick Crowe back racing 2010
George Offline

Threads: 50
Nick Crowe back racing 2010
Written by Dave Hudspeth

Five-time Isle of Man TT winner and British Formula 2 Sidecar champion, Nick Crowe, is to make a return to competitive racing in 2010.

However, following the horrific accident during TT Sidecar Race 2 earlier this year which almost claimed the life of Nick and his passenger, Mark Cox, the Manxman is returning to the sport as Team Manager.

‘Nick Crowe Racing’ will contest the TT and Southern 100 on the roads, and the British F2 Sidecar Championship on the track in a 2010 LCR, with 2009 Honda RR motors. Replacing Crowe in the driver’s seat is one of the brightest talents in British Sidecar racing, 2007 F2 champion and 2009 TT podium finisher, Simon Neary; in the chair is the highly experienced former FIM World Superside Championship passenger, Paul Knapton.

‘Nick Crowe Racing’ will compete under the colours of Nick’s long-standing sponsor, ‘Team Dave Hudspeth Carpets’. The team will be backed by former Manx resident, Dave Hudspeth, and Nick’s long-standing co-sponsor, Andy Faragher of A&J Groundworks.

The continued support of Nick’s long-time sponsors has allowed him to purchase the 2010 LCR and meet running costs, and is testament to the regard in which he is held by fellow team managers and professionals.

Nick commented: “After the accident during this year’s TT, I quickly had to face the reality that I would never race again due to the extent of my injuries. However, I knew that it didn’t mark the end of my involvement in sidecar racing and that I was going to be involved in some way in the future.

“During my four month stay in hospital, I talked through various options with my close friends and being a team manager kept coming up, so with the backing of my wife Danny, our two children, and Dave Hudspeth and Andy Faragher, I decided this was the way forward.

“I am delighted to be launching my own team for 2010, and am very confident in the ability of my driver, Simon Neary, and passenger, Paul Knapton. Both are highly-rated young sportsmen with a lot of experience already under their belts. I look forward to tuning the sidecar outfit for them when I take delivery of it, and supporting them on both road and track.”
22-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Nick Crowe back racing 2010
Brilliant news and wondered how long it would take for this to get into the public domain, as it was announced at the benefit dinner for Nick and Mark held at the Hilton Hotel in Douglas a week or two back.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2009, 12:51 PM by Malcolm.)
23-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Website Find Reply