Buy now, pay later deal is scrapped for fans of MGP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Buy now, pay later deal is scrapped for fans of MGP
Now here is a piece of news that is sure to get up the noses of those that support the Manx.

[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]

MANX Grand Prix enthusiasts are angry after changes to the Steam Packet's fares policy. Fans booking ferries in advance can no longer pay a deposit to secure a sailing now and then pay the balance in May.

Craig Webster, from Paisley, Scotland, has come to the TT and MGP every year since 1998. 'I don't know why they have done this when the system worked perfectly well before,' he said.

Read the whole story on the newspapers website - HERE

Already we have received a couple of emails from people who have expressed their disgust at the IOM Steampacket and their "apparent greed"
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Website Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Buy now, pay later deal is scrapped for fans of MGP
It's a particular poke in the eye for competitors, who were able to secure discounted crossing rates upon entry acceptance. I just paid £636 for a return crossing for a small van and caravan - which I understand is non refundable if I don't get an entry.

They really don't care, do they?

You won't be seeing me again after next year.
04-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Website Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Buy now, pay later deal is scrapped for fans of MGP
I’m doing it the other way round. Entries were cheaper than the ferry. Not going to book the ferry until after my entry is accepted.

If entries go up so much that they are more than the ferry I doubt I would be entering anyway.

I'll finish it one day!
04-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Find Reply