Norton-NSU recollections
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Norton-NSU recollections
Can anyone remember any Norton-NSU (or even Nortsu) as being raced in the Lightweight TT late 50s early 60s. I am trying to trace any pictures. I have found two from 1965, Dave Croxford and Hans Otto Butenuth, both appear to be Manx-framed, but I only have head-on shots.
This will save me trawling through hundreds of negatives!
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
04-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Website Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Norton-NSU recollections
Can't help you with Crocket, Bill, but Hans-Otto certainly ran a 250 Sportmax motor in a Featherbed frame.

1962 he was No 33 but retired on the first lap.

1963 he would have been No 44 but did not start - you will recall the "bottom of Bray" photos that I identified for you some time ago, when he dropped the 350 Norton and broke his leg.

That was Thursday afternoon practice.

Incidentally, in both these years I believe he had just the one rolling chassis, and swapped engines over!

The only other year was, as you say, 1965 when he was No 50, again on a Featherbed NSU - he finished 22nd at 73.61mph.

They were always entered as NSUs.

(04-01-2010, 10:01 PM)Bill Snelling Wrote: Can anyone remember any Norton-NSU (or even Nortsu) as being raced in the Lightweight TT late 50s early 60s. I am trying to trace any pictures. I have found two from 1965, Dave Croxford and Hans Otto Butenuth, both appear to be Manx-framed, but I only have head-on shots.
This will save me trawling through hundreds of negatives!
04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Find Reply