Home Glory Beckons For Honda Riders But Hill Has To Be Beaten
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Home Glory Beckons For Honda Riders But Hill Has To Be Beaten
Ryuichi Kiyonari and Josh Brookes are focused on home glory for their HM Plant Honda team in this Sunday’s fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Cadwell Park but they know that first they have to head off the challenge of the ever consistent Tommy Hill riding Worx Crescent Suzuki.

Based at nearby Louth, the HM Plant Honda team is fully geared for this round, having tested extensively after the recent Oulton Park races to fine tune their bikes, and their former two times winner of the title Kiyonari has double purpose going into this round.

“I have not won so far this season, and also this is the only circuit on which I have not won a BSB race, so I want to change this,” said Kiyonari. “I am excited about these races and I think my motivation is slightly different because it is my home round as I live nearby and also this is an important race for the team for the same reason.”

Brookes, meanwhile, having tasted the winner’s champagne at Thruxton is eager for more of the same, and he is relishing that challenges of this picturesque Lincolnshire circuit with its unique Mountain section.

“I am pretty excited about the Mountain as I have a good understanding on jumping from all the years I have done motocross, so I am ready to put on a good show for the fans,” explained the Aussie who has returned from a break back home.

“The time between rounds back home has reset my mind again and I don’t think I could have prepared any better for this round as I have been able to do some really hard training. I am on a bit of a high, and mentally and physically I am stronger,” added Brookes

They are ready for action, but face quality opposition, none more so than Hill who has included two victories amid his run of top three finishes in the six races so far and he goes into the race with good memories of his maiden BSB victory at this circuit back in 2005.

“I do love the place. It is one of those circuits where you need to be really committed and aggressive to make a move so that always produces close racing as everyone is so equal,” said Hill who takes a 51 points advantage into the races over Swan Honda rider Stuart Easton.

“I do feel like the pressure is on me as I am the one with the advantage to lose at the moment. Everyone says it is on the riders who are trying to close the gap but I am the one with the most to lose now I have the lead in the standings. We have had a fantastic start to the season but we need to remain consistent,” added Hill.

Easton, meanwhile, fresh from taking fifth and second places at the NorthWest 200 event, has no worries about returning to the circuit where he suffered a badly gashed knee in pre-season testing. “That will no affect the way I approach this round and if anything I will be trying harder to prove it’s not an issue. We know that we can win as we showed at Oulton Park and I just need to keep closing the gap on Tommy, which I think we are capable of for sure,” said Easton who could be re-united with his team-mate James Ellison for this round.

The Cumbrian, who broke his right leg during practice at Thruxton five weeks ago, had the damage pinned and has worked hard on fitness but needs final medical clearance ahead of his return to action.

The Laverty brothers, Michael a winner last time out for Relentless Suzuki and John aboard the Buildbase Kawasaki, will be battling for top three finishes with Motorpoint Yamaha duo Ian Lowry and Dan Linfoot keen to get in on the act.

Keep an eye on the RidersMotorcycles.com Ducati duo of Michael Rutter and Martin Jessopp who are coming on strong while Gary Mason riding MSS Colchester Kawasaki and Tommy Bridewell on the Quay Garage Honda will pose questions among the front-running pack.

In the chase for the Mirror.co.uk BSB-EVO title Hudson Kennaugh riding MAR Kawasaki defends a three points lead over MIST Suzuki rider David Anthony while Steve Brogan is well placed to nose ahead on his BMW should they falter.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Website Find Reply