HM Plant Honda Hunts Home Wins At Cadwell
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Hunts Home Wins At Cadwell
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

HM Plant Honda is back in action this weekend as the Louth-based team prepares for its home race at the fourth round of the British Superbike Championship.

Ryuichi Kiyonari and Josh Brookes will be flying the flag for the team whilst current National Superstock 1000 Championship leader Steve Plater watches the action and supports them from the sidelines, as he recovers from a broken arm following his crash at last weekend’s North West 200 road race event.

Kiyo, who has become a proud Dad this week to son Kouma, is eager to secure a first win at the challenging Lincolnshire circuit and is keen to maintain his record of consistent performances at his local track having secured a podium finish each time he has raced there in the past. Josh is also determined to make an impression as he races for the first time at Cadwell Park and, following time back home in Australia between rounds, he is fully focused on scoring strongly in the races this weekend.

Kiyo said,

“It seems a long time since I have raced at Cadwell Park but I am really excited about the races there, especially after the two weekend break as I feel fully prepared and relaxed. I have never won there before and it is the only track on the calendar where I haven’t, so I want to change this for sure. I think my motivation is slightly different for this round because I haven’t won there and also because it is my home round as I live nearby and also this is an important race for the team for the same reason. We had a really good test after Oulton Park so I think we will only need to make small adjustments at Cadwell Park and then I just need to push harder. I haven’t won a race yet this season and I want to change that.”

Josh said,

“I have been back home in Australia in-between rounds and I have been cramming in everything so I could make the most of the time I has there before coming back to the UK for Cadwell Park. This time back home has reset my mind again and I don’t think I could have prepared any better for Cadwell as I have been able to do some really hard training. I am really going in to this round feeling happy and on a bit of a high after spending time back home so mentally and physically I am stronger. We had a really good test at Oulton Park after the last round so we just need to do a bit of fine tuning and I think we are in a strong position to come out and have a good result. I am pretty excited about Cadwell Park, especially the Mountain, as I have a good understanding of jumping from all the years I have done motocross, so I am ready to put on a good show for the fans. I definitely want to go out there and get back on the podium.”

Team Manager, Havier Beltran, concluded,

“This weekend we are really looking to turn things around after what was a disappointing round at Oulton Park for the HM Plant Honda team. We know that both Kiyo and Josh are capable of podium finishes and so at Cadwell Park we want to be back up there and challenging for the top three places again. This is of course our local round, so from that point of view we want the team and riders to firing on all cylinders to put on a good show for the fans and, get more championship points before the long five week gap until the next round.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Website Find Reply