Seeley: Winning roads lead to 110% at Cadwell Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley: Winning roads lead to 110% at Cadwell Park
Alastair Seeley was victorious in the Superbike race at the North West 200 last weekend but now the Relentless Suzuki rider wants to repeat that feat this weekend at Cadwell Park as he aims to add to team-mate Michael Laverty's winning tally.

Seeley admits though that he keeps the two disciplines separate as he aims to repeat his Brands Hatch podium finish at Cadwell Park, claiming that he will be pushing himself 110 percent at the challenging Lincolnshire circuit.

Seeley said:

"You could say that I am on a bit of a high at the moment following the win at the North West 200 but I always keep road racing completely separate from my circuit racing. I push much harder when I am in BSB; you don't have to worry so much and you can give it 110 percent, which is what I will be doing this weekend at Cadwell Park."

Seeley's victory at the road race event followed his fourth and sixth place finishes at Oulton Park, which he admits were slightly disappointing as he missed the chance of another podium finish after missing a gear on the final lap.

"We had a good weekend at Oulton Park despite not finishing on the podium,"
said Seeley. "I was gutted to miss out on the top three, I just missed a gear and that was it, but we still got some good points for fourth. It was good to show we were on the pace again after Thruxton to prove that Brands Hatch was not just a one off and I think this weekend we should be mixing it at the front again."

This weekend the 'Wizard' believes the team should get off to a strong start from the off following a test at the circuit earlier this season, where he matched the pace of some of his rivals which has given the team another confidence boost ahead of the weekend.

"We have already tested at Cadwell Park earlier on in the year and it was a good day for us. We had a good base setting from when Ian Lowry raced there the previous season and we made some slight changes and we were lapping at similar times to Stuart Easton before he had his crash," added Seeley.

The Relentless Suzuki rider believes the biggest challengers for the win will be Suzuki rival and championship leader Tommy Hill and HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes, but is looking to recreate the form he showed there last season when he was victorious to lift the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship title.

"This weekend Tommy Hill and Josh Brookes are going to be the ones to beat I think," added Seeley. "Josh certainly was on the pace at the test and he definitely looks spectacular over the Mountain clearly from his motocross experience, but you have to be careful as it can bite back.

"I have some good memories from Cadwell Park last year as that was where I wrapped up the Superstock 1000 title, which did come as a bit of a surprise at the time if I am honest as I didn't think it would happen there. It all went well last year and I think that we can keep it going again this weekend, the team have had a win so there is more to come that's for sure."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Website Find Reply