Rutter kicks off Cadwell Park party
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rutter kicks off Cadwell Park party
Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati's Michael Rutter held off championship leader Tommy Hill and the high-flying Josh Brookes to end the opening day of two hectic free practice sessions at a scorching Cadwell Park fastest to assert his authority ahead of tomorrow's qualifying.

[Image: ruttercadwell1.jpg]

Rutter had been second this morning, but with Martin Jessopp suffering a technical problem after just four laps on the second Ducati, the 'Blade' was left to fly the flag and did so in spectacular style to take the top from Hill with ten minutes remaining.

Brookes had been wowing the crowd at the Mountain today with his sensational style on the leading HM Plant Honda and ended the session this afternoon third fastest but promises more of his airborne antics tomorrow ahead of Sunday's race day.

The second HM Plant Honda of Ryuichi Kiyonari was fourth fastest as he moved up the times towards the closing stages ahead of a hard-charging Michael Laverty on the Relentless Suzuki and the lone Swan Honda of Stuart Easton.

Jessopp was seventh despite only completing a handful of laps on the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati with John Laverty back inside the top ten on the Buildbase Kawasaki in eighth after edging out Tommy Bridewell and Chris Walker.

Steve Brogan was the fastest of the Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo riders in 15th overall with the Splitlath Aprilia Chris Burns second of the Evo contenders.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, free practice two:

Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 1m:28.009s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.264s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.683s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.696s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.756s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +0.874s
Martin Jessopp (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.929s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +1.150s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +1.150s
Chris Walker (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +1.185s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Website Find Reply