Seventh Fiat Yamaha qualification one-two in Rossi-Lorenzo era
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seventh Fiat Yamaha qualification one-two in Rossi-Lorenzo era
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The team and its two riders were delighted after taking the top two qualifying spots for Sunday’s race at Le Mans.

The Monster Energy Grand Prix de France will begin with Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo occupying first and second spot on the starting grid following a strong qualifying session at Le Mans, and it will be the seventh time the duo line up in the positions as team-mates.

On the six previous occasions the pair have made it a QP double it has been three poles each, but reigning World Champion Rossi took the 59th pole position of his career to tip the balance in his favour with a hot lap of 1’33.408 in the French sunshine on Saturday afternoon.

"This weather is really making me very happy, because for once in Le Mans we have been able to use all of the sessions properly and now here we are on pole,” said an extremely pleased Rossi, for whom it was the first pole of his 2010 season.

“My setting is good, I feel comfortable on my M1 and Bridgestone tyres and my race pace is not bad either so everything is working out. It's a great pleasure to be on pole and when I looked and saw the lap time I was very pleased with my performance and with how well we had worked, so thanks to all my team.”

[Image: rossilorenzo1.jpg]

The only problem for Rossi was his shoulder, which is still causing him some minor problems. The 31 year-old is confident that the excitement of race day will take care of that though.

“I am still worried about my shoulder because after 10 or 15 laps today I started to lose power, but I hope adrenaline will take over in the race and that I will be able to stay fast right to the end,” he added.

Lorenzo was consistently quick throughout the session as well and led at one stage in a frantic qualifying that saw the fastest lap change hands a number of times. The Spaniard was also more than satisfied with his afternoon’s efforts.

"This was another good session and we are very strong, although there are quite a few riders here who are fast with a good race pace,” said the Championship leader. “Today I was consistent and I can ride happily at around 1'34.5, so if I can keep this up during the race then we have a good chance.”

Lorenzo has his eye on repeating his win at Le Mans from last year, and added: “I need to try to get a good start tomorrow and be stronger during the first few laps, then I think I can fight for victory."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Website Find Reply