Brookes seals stunning Cadwell Park debut victory
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes seals stunning Cadwell Park debut victory
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes took a sensational race win at Cadwell Park on his race debut at the Lincolnshire circuit to give the HM Plant Honda team a winning double at their home track.

Brookes said:

"That race is the kind of performance I wanted to show when I first came over here to race in BSB; to get into the lead and then edge out a gap and win in style. It is such a great feeling and the team have worked so hard this weekend to get us in this position. The CBR1000 was fast and even here where some people say it is hard to pass we found the speed with the improvements we made over the weekend and it puts us up there in the championship now."

There was drama for the second HM Plant Honda of Kiyonari before the start of the race as he was forced to retire on the warm up lap with a technical problem, which ruled him out of the chance to challenge for the double victory.

Michael Laverty got the hole shot into Coppice for the first time with Michael Rutter and Brookes in third and the HM Plant Honda rider was eager to repeat his team-mate's earlier victory. Brookes continued with his no-holds-barred moves, moving to second on the opening lap to show his impressive style over the Mountain works, to give him the edge into Hall Bends to take second from Rutter. A lap later it was a repeat performance as the Australian pulled the same move on race leader Michael Laverty to take the lead.

Brookes then edged out the advantage lap by lap to end the race over four seconds ahead, whilst the battle for third was tough as Laverty, Rutter and Tommy Hill all vied for the final podium positions.

Laverty was holding second but then on the 13th lap he got the back stepped out into the Chicane and was fortunate to save the Relentless Suzuki but he had to go across the grass and rejoin which closed his minimal lead over Rutter. Hill then joined the fray on the same lap with a determined move down the inside at Barn to move third. The championship leader then repeated the pass a lap later on Rutter to move second.

The race was then red flagged on the 16th lap when Motorpoint Yamaha's Dan Linfoot crashed heavily at the top of the Mountain.

John Laverty continued his impressive performances on the Buildbase Kawasaki to finish fifth ahead of Tommy Bridewell who once again had some sensational clashes to move to sixth, first with Chris Walker and then challenging Laverty. 'Stalker' gave the MSS Colchester Kawasaki an eighth place finish ahead of Martin Jessopp and Stuart Easton on the Swan Honda.

In the Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo class it was another win for Steve Brogan and the Jentin Racing-BMW Motorrad team ahead of Alex Lowes and Hudson Kennaugh.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park, race two result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda)
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +4.398s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +5.675s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +5.921s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +10.465s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +10.731s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +13.663s
Chris Walker (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +19.568s
Martin Jessopp (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 1 lap
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) 1 lap

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Cadwell Park:

Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 146
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 110
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 101
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 88
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) 81

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is at Mallory Park on 25/26/27 June.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Website Find Reply