First back-to-back premier class wins thrill Lorenzo
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
First back-to-back premier class wins thrill Lorenzo
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

Nine points clear at the top of the MotoGP World Championship following victory at Le Mans on Sunday, the Fiat Yamaha rider was overjoyed at having secured the first consecutive wins of his career in the elite category.

Jorge Lorenzo’s commanding win in the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France at Le Mans not only extended his lead at the top of the MotoGP World Championship to nine points on Sunday, but also delivered the 23 year-old back-to-back victories in the premier class for the first time in his career.

Lorenzo rode a superb race to overcome the challenge of team-mate and title rival Valentino Rossi, eventually beating the Italian – who made it a Fiat Yamaha one-two – by a margin of 5.672s over the finish line.

"I am so happy to win for the second race in a row, it's the first time for me in MotoGP and it makes me feel very confident in myself,” enthused Lorenzo, whose practice of his race starts paid off. “Finally I made a good start, which I'm really happy about, then I easily got past Pedrosa.”

He continued: “Passing Valentino wasn't so easy because he was braking so deep and I had to be very patient, something that I might not have managed one year ago! Finally I overtook him but I didn't expect to be able to get away like that. My bike and Bridgestone tyres just felt so good and it wasn't difficult for me to keep this pace up.”

Lorenzo won the MotoGP race at the French circuit last year and was second in his premier class debut at Le Mans the year before, and he added: “I have had a good time in Le Mans since I joined Yamaha; one second place and two victories, so I think I can say I enjoy racing here in France!”

There was also another interesting celebration from the Spaniard as he pulled up a chair in front of a big screen at the circuit and ate popcorn, following on from his water-based antics at the last round at Jerez.

[Image: lorenzolemans.jpg]

Focusing on the fourth round at Mugello in a fortnight, a track at which he finished second last season, Lorenzo expects a tough battle to maintain his advantage at the top of the standings.

“It is fantastic to be leading the Championship but there is a long way to go and now we go to Mugello, a track that I love but where my rivals are very strong,” he concluded.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Website Find Reply