BEST EVER FOURTH PLACE FOR BRIDEWELL AT CADWELL
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BEST EVER FOURTH PLACE FOR BRIDEWELL AT CADWELL
[Image: quaygarageheader.gif]

Quay Garage Racing's Tommy Bridewell came within less than a second of scoring his and the team's first outright British Superbike podium when he finished a sensational fourth in today's first race in round four of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at a sun drenched Cadwell Park today.

Aboard the 2008 specification ex Gregorio Lavilla Honda Fireblade, the 21 year old from Etchilhampton in Devizes near Wiltshire qualified in sixth position for the opening 18-lap race and in front of another bumper Cadwell Park crowd got a good start to run with the leading pack in the opening stages of race one. Bridewell continued to battle against a number of the factory supported works riders and with a lap to go was set to challenge the Ducati of Michael Rutter but try as he might he couldn't get past and had to settle for a career best fourth position at the chequered flag.

A repeat of the heroics looked on the cards for race two but a clash with Kawasaki's Chris Walker forced Bridewell onto the grass at the chicane but with typical determination he bounced back from tenth position into sixth and was set to challenge John Laverty for fifth position when the race was stopped after Dan Linfoot crashed on the Mountain, luckily without injury.

Tommy Bridewell:

"We had two strong results but I'm a little disappointed not to get on the podium. I'm now fighting at the sharp end and have proved that Brands Hatch wasn't just a one off. We lacked a little bit of top speed but you're always going to have that with an old bike. I rode my heart out and thought I deserved a podium but I'm now aiming for a double podium at Mallory next time out. We've made good progress but the boys in front of me are all on factory bikes. The team have done a great job this weekend, so it's a big thanks to them."

Ian Woolacott:

"Tommy has done a brilliant job this weekend. Our bike lacks a little on top end power. It's been a great weekend, we've had two very good results and we've beaten factory teams and we were next to HM Plant Honda on the grid so I'm very pleased."

The next round of the Championship takes place at Mallory Park on 25/26/27th June.

MCE InsuranceBritish SuperbikeChampionship race 1 result (18 laps)

1 Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) 27m35.356s
2 Michael Laverty (Suzuki) +0.497s
3 Michael Rutter (Ducati) +1.877s
4 Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +2.528s
5 Josh Brookes (Honda) +5.168s
6 John Laverty (Kawasaki) +7.754s
7 Chris Walker (Kawasaki) +10.072s
8 Martin Jessopp (Ducati) +11.042s
9 Alastair Seeley (Suzuki) +11.953s
10 Dan Linfoot (Yamaha) +13.178s

MCE InsuranceBritish SuperbikeChampionship race2 result (15 laps)

1 Josh Brookes (Honda) 22m15.411s
2 Tommy Hill (Suzuki) +4.398s
3 Michael Laverty (Suzuki) +5.675s
4 Michael Rutter (Ducati) +5.921s
5 John Laverty (Kawasaki) +10.465s
6 Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +10.731s
7 Alastair Seeley (Suzuki) +13.663s
8 Chris Walker (Kawasaki) +19.568s
9 Martin Jessopp (Ducati) +1 lap
10 Stuart Easton (Honda) +1 lap

Championship standings (after 4 rounds)

1 Tommy Hill (Suzuki) 146pts
2 Josh Brookes (Honda) 110
3 Michael Laverty (Suzuki) 101
4 Michael Rutter (Ducati) 88
5 Stuart Easton (Honda) 81
6 John Laverty (Kawasaki) 80
7 Alastair Seeley (Honda) 79
8 Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) 78
9 Martin Jessopp (Ducati) 57
10 James Ellison (Honda) 41
11 Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) 38
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Website Find Reply