Tough day at the office for Swan Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tough day at the office for Swan Honda
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda's Stuart Easton had a testing time at Cadwell Park for the fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship today following a high-speed crash in race one before battling on to finish tenth in race two.

Easton had qualified seventh on the grid for the opening race and from the third row he had got a usual flying start off the line to move up to fourth on the opening lap, but on the next lap he crashed out heavily at Charlies which left him battered and bruised. The race one crash cost him dearly in race two, he started thirteenth on the grid and a problem with a sensor meant that he raced without the traction control, anti-wheelie or engine braking systems to battle to tenth.

Easton said:

"It has been a tough weekend in all and it hasn't really come together for us today unfortunately, but these happen so we are staying upbeat as we know that we have more to come. In the first race I had a massive crash at Charlies and we can't work out what went wrong, so we are a bit puzzled by what happened. It was a big one and I'm happy that we got away with it to be honest; I just flipped over the front and it all happened really quickly. I just got that sky, grass, sky, grass feeling and the bike did clip me but I got away with it. The down side was that we then needed to start from 13th on the grid.

"The team worked hard to get me back out for race two and we didn't realise it at the time but where there was damage to the Swan Honda it broke a sensor which meant we didn't have any traction control, anti-wheelie or engine braking for the second race so it was tough. I feel a bit beaten up but other than that I am ok so we will use the break before Mallory Park to work out our next line of attack and go from there. I am optimistic that we can come back strong at the next round and make amends."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Website Find Reply