Toseland looking forward to Salt Lake City debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Toseland looking forward to Salt Lake City debut
[Image: worldsbkhdr.gif]

Yamaha Sterilgarda riders Cal Crutchlow and James Toseland are gearing up for the US round of the World Superbike Championship this coming Monday at the Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake City. Last year the team saw a double victory here at the hands of rider Ben Spies, a success they will be looking to repeat in 2010 with British riders Crutchlow and Toseland.

Toseland heads into this weekend in fifth place in the championship on 125 points, 16 points behind Carlos Checa in fourth. Team mate Crutchlow sits in ninth with 86 points, nine points behind Michel Fabrizio in eighth.

[Image: toselandmmp.jpg]

"I'm really looking forward to Salt Lake City," said James Toseland. "It's a brand new track for me. I got to drive a couple of laps in one of the Miller Racing School's Mustang's this week which has given me an idea of the track layout, but there's nothing like actually riding it on a bike to understand it. I've always enjoyed coming to American tracks to race, I love Laguna Seca and Indianapolis so I'm looking forward to the challenge of learning this one and getting up to speed as quickly as possible. I hope we don't have the grip level problems as we did in Kyalami."

For Cal Crutchlow on the other hand, it will be the second time at Miller following last year's third place obtained in the Supersport race. "It's great to be back here again," said Crutchlow. "I loved racing here last year on the Supersport bike; it's a great track so I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into it on the R1. I know the bike works well here, so I'm confident we can get up there and fight to be at the front to finish the weekend on the podium."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Website Find Reply