Fondest memories
mill848 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Fondest memories
It was 1987 when I first met Joey, I was walking down Broadway on my way back to my digs the new victoria hotel, I didnt realise at the time but Joey was on his way to my digs for a meeting with Johny Rea, Johhny was an up and coming road racer and is Jonathan Reas father. They shared a cup of tea and then got into a little white van so that they could do a lap of the island in the van. The white Van had a tiny HRC sticker on it that was the only clue, Joey was taking young Johhny around the circuit to talk him through an ideal lap. On there return Joey came back in chatted to me who was dumbstruck and in awe, I was only 17 and cheeky enough to ask If I could go to the garage he rented to see the bikes close up, sure enough I was invited the next morning before 125 practice. I met Joey the following year with the same entourage always had time for a chat, a photo, and an autograph. I met him again a few years later at the Ulster and never forget the mans humble and dedicated demeanour. The rea family had very close connections with Joey and were early sponsors of yer maun.
RIP Joey. Mill
30-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Find Reply