5 in a week?
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
5 in a week?
Is it really? When he essentially has only won on a 600 and 1000?

Does anyone think it's comparable to Hailwood and Joey's 3 in a week, on a range of machinery? I think Hailwood's wins on a 125, 350 and 500 in a week and Joey's from 250's to 750's were just that little bit more special. 2 stroke and 4 stroke, as many as 5 bikes to set up in practice week, jumping from 1 to another, that's no mean feat.

I'm not trying to have a go at Hutchy in any way or have a moan at what he has achieved - there's no doubt at all that it is a great achievement, I just think it is quite different.

I do think though, to have completed 5 races at race winning speeds, stayed on the bike, completed 7 slick pit stops and had no mechanical failures at all is amazing! For nothing to go wrong at all on the bikes and to have that many pit stops completed without incident is pretty good going! I had the privilege of being next to his pit crew for one of his wins and they were so relaxed and unflappable, I was impressed. Only Farqhuar's pit crew were better this week, in my opinion.

Any thoughts?
15-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: 5 in a week?
At last a real comment with which I can identify...

I have to agree with young Jo and as an older statesman at his 63rd anniversary TT I am saddened that the classes are almost as one, compared, as Jo says, to the days of the other big names who rode a mix of machinery of varying capacities.

Hutchy did extremely well to keep at bay the also rans but frankly I think something has gone wrong with the TT when one rider can win 5 races..Part one/part two and part one/part two...

How can the TT be changed to give us separate winners and not a complete whitewash.

by the way, I still enjoyed the TT immensely !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
16-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply