Southern 100 - so, who's coming?
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Southern 100 - so, who's coming?
Will you be there??

Not long to go now! I hope the weather is better than it is tonight though!
06-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Southern 100 - so, who's coming?
i was, but £332 quote for a car and 2 people from liverpool - forget it. Icon_mad
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
07-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Shame - but don't blame you! Think of us poor soles who have to pay these prices to get off the island or we're stuck here!
07-07-2010, 06:13 PM
Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
soles? Icon_lol
when you can get a return flight to belfast for less than £50 you could have a weekend watching racing in northern ireland, b and b, hire car and flight for less than a return ferry to iom. bit of a no brainer really, which is a shame. i've always fancied doing the s100 and so many peeps have told me what a well run meeting it is. never mind - aberdare in 2 weeks Beer2 it will have to suffice.
cheers, ade!
ps, i'm now on facebook, even tho i haven't sussed how to ride it yet Icon_lol
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

It costs us a fortune to get off the island, either to travel to Ireland for racing or for holidays, so I guess we pay it regardless or we're stuck!!

You should come to the Southern some day though, it is great! And if you stay on till the Saturday, we have more real road racing at Jurby (not the airfield!) so you can get two meetings for the price of one!

Facebook, WAY too addictive for me!
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Find Reply
Cheese Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Hello guys!

Please excuse I'm ignorant about it but... the Southern 100 is raced on the same track as the Post TT races?

Yes the Southern 100 is run on the same circuit (Billown) as the Pre TT Classic and the Post TT race meetings.

Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2010, 10:26 PM by Malcolm.)
13-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Hi Cheese,

I know Malcolm has already answered your query, but thought I'd give yo ua bit more information too.

It's run over 4 days - Mon, Tue, Wed evenings and all day Thursday. We used to have an early morning practice on the Tuesday morning too, but that has long since gone. For more info on those, read the thread where we all reminicse and miss early morning practices!

Monday evening is all practice. Tuesday evening has some practice sessions and then 2 races, with Wednesday evening and Thursday being all racing.

The circuit is 4.25 miles long and has a massed start (scary/best thing ever all at the same time!)

Monday was glorious, weather wise but unfortunately tonight, the rain began just after we started scrutineering. Race 1 was held, but the rest of the evening was abandoned due to the road needing cleaning after a crash (nothing serious) and it being too dark to continue. Roll on tomorrow evening and pray for good weather, please!

Jo
13-07-2010, 10:44 PM
Find Reply
Cheese Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Hi!

Thank you guys for the answers. I raced at the TT this year and the next day I watched the races at Billown. We made a lap with the van and I thought it looked pretty cool Smile

I'll try to plan more road races next year, that's why I wanted to know that. Coming from Switzerland, it would be quite difficult to come across but... we'll see!

So... thanx a lot!
15-07-2010, 12:42 AM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Hi Cheese,

If you do decide to do the Southern, make sure you stay another couple of days!! The Southern may be finished now, but we have yet another proper road race on Saturday, on the Jurby Road circuit! 4.34 miles of bumpy road to race on.

Jo
15-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Find Reply