Important announcement: Saturday 21st August Practice session
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Important announcement: Saturday 21st August Practice session
[Image: mgpfestivalsmall.gif]

[Image: mmccgif.gif]

This year, following the successful recruitment policy and the growing interest in the Manx Grand Prix, we have attracted 50 newcomers to compete in this years races.

While this is good news for the event and the Island it will necessitate additional practice time to ensure that they gain sufficient experience of the Mountain Course. ACU regulations require that newcomers’ first experience of closed road conditions must be a speed controlled siting lap under the guidance of travelling marshals and ex-riders. In order to accommodate the large number of competitors who will be required to undertake the speed controlled lap, an additional hour to the practice schedule is needed for the first practice session only on Saturday 21 August, ie the TT Course would close at 1700hrs instead of 1800hrs as on the other practice sessions.

We believe that it would be preferential for all parties and residents if this additional hour was not during the working week to avoid disruption, particularly in Douglas. Further more, due to the deteriorating light conditions at this time of year we cannot extend the practice sessions after 8.00 pm.

We are therefore engaging in a consultation process with any party that we believe might be affected by this additional hour in order to gain feedback , ie Government Departments and their members, the Emergency services, the Chambers of Commerce & Trade, Sporting Bodies and local authorities. The general public will be informed through the media (websites, newspaper and radio interviews) and 'mail shots' to the residents living on the TT Course. We hope that you appreciate the requirement and are able to support us in our request.

We would be grateful if you would let us have your comments by Friday 6 August and if you have any concerns or would like to discuss any aspect of the above please contact the Manx Motor Cycle Club office by email (click here) or telephone (01624) 644649.

Yours sincerely

Phil Taubman
MGP Clerk of the Course
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Important announcement: Saturday 21st August Practice session
(30-07-2010, 04:49 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: mgpfestivalsmall.gif]

[Image: mmccgif.gif]

This year, following the successful recruitment policy and the growing interest in the Manx Grand Prix, we have attracted 50 newcomers to compete in this years races.

While this is good news for the event and the Island it will necessitate additional practice time to ensure that they gain sufficient experience of the Mountain Course. ACU regulations require that newcomers’ first experience of closed road conditions must be a speed controlled siting lap under the guidance of travelling marshals and ex-riders. In order to accommodate the large number of competitors who will be required to undertake the speed controlled lap, an additional hour to the practice schedule is needed for the first practice session only on Saturday 21 August, ie the TT Course would close at 1700hrs instead of 1800hrs as on the other practice sessions.

We believe that it would be preferential for all parties and residents if this additional hour was not during the working week to avoid disruption, particularly in Douglas. Further more, due to the deteriorating light conditions at this time of year we cannot extend the practice sessions after 8.00 pm.

We are therefore engaging in a consultation process with any party that we believe might be affected by this additional hour in order to gain feedback , ie Government Departments and their members, the Emergency services, the Chambers of Commerce & Trade, Sporting Bodies and local authorities. The general public will be informed through the media (websites, newspaper and radio interviews) and 'mail shots' to the residents living on the TT Course. We hope that you appreciate the requirement and are able to support us in our request.

We would be grateful if you would let us have your comments by Friday 6 August and if you have any concerns or would like to discuss any aspect of the above please contact the Manx Motor Cycle Club office by email (click here) or telephone (01624) 644649.

Yours sincerely

Phil Taubman
MGP Clerk of the Course

Great idea, will give us all a chance of two laps on Sat night, which helps to get qualification well on its way. Just a thought, could this be extended a bit further ie start at Two or three, this would help if the weather is bad later on in the week. This would help replace some of the track we lost when morning practice was dropped
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2010, 05:47 PM by shipleymanx.)
31-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
Too bad they still do not want to time the Saturday practice, but I agree, the extra time (weather permitting) would be helpful...

Cheers..!!

Ron
01-08-2010, 06:47 AM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Never you mind, "weather permitting"! We've placed the order for sunshine!
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
10-day weather forecast isn't looking good. Here we go again Sad
16-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Website Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Oh I know. I groaned when I got the long range forecast yesterday. I refuse to believe it though!
17-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
(17-08-2010, 09:41 AM)Jo Rowe Wrote: Oh I know. I groaned when I got the long range forecast yesterday. I refuse to believe it though!

Hi jo, do what i do, look round till you find one that looks the best and believe that one.
17-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Shipleymanx, ha ha ha, I like it!!! That's a fab idea. I never believe the long range forecast anyway, it usually changes. I'm not even sure why I checked it, considering I don't believe it...

It's gorgeous here right now.
17-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
Needn't have worried after all. That has to have been the best 2 weeks weather the IoM has had for a decade! Big Grin
07-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Website Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

And it started raining again on Saturday 4th September, but who cared by then?
07-09-2010, 10:48 PM
Find Reply