Tim Vennables
George Offline

Threads: 50
Tim Vennables
Just to let you know the latest on this MANX up and coming star.
Tim is still in a critical condition at the ICU Walton Hospital, Liverpool.
I'm very surprised at the local press/media not giving out any updates on Tim or is it just the Top riders at the TT that get all the attention.

Here's hoping that Tim makes a full speedy recovery from his injuries and my thoughts are with Brian and Torry at this very trying time,
11-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Tim Vennables
With reference to reports on the condition updates of Tim, TTwebsite posted an item on the 4th of September ( http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9826 ) which was a direct reference to an item on Manx Radio related to this situation. Also within this item, there were references to John Thompson and Peter Gibson who had also suffered injuries through "offs" during the Manx.

There was also a posted article on the site on the 6th of September, ( http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9840 ) released by the mother of Olie Linsdell providing an update on Olies condition.

I don't think that is a case of people not caring about the condition of injured riders George, perhaps it is simply the fact that riders who suffer injuries whilst competing in the Manx Grand Prix have to depend on family and friends to provide the updates to the relevant media outlets, whereas those who may be injured during the TT for example, by virtue of the fact that they tend to be "names", will always have team managers and media representatives or their like, providing the type of "updates" that you refer to, to the relevant media outlets.

The forum on TTwebsite is always open to receiving updates on any injured rider for release into the pubic domain, and if anyone wishes to forward these to the site, I shall ensure that they are placed accordingly.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Website Find Reply
ali Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Tim Vennables
George,
I just wondered why you posted your post. Surely it is up to Tim's family etc to put updates out.
The people who need to know will be updated and for the rest of us we can only hope that Tim will make a full recovery.
To Tim, Tory & Brian and all family thinking of you all and sending big hugs
12-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Find Reply