Yamaha Sterilgarda Team prepare for Imola
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha Sterilgarda Team prepare for Imola
[Image: yamaharacinghdr.jpg]

The Yamaha Sterilgarda World Superbike Team head back to the Imola circuit in Italy this weekend for their third Italian race of the year, the penultimate round of the 2010 World superbike Championship. Last year’s visit to Imola by the WSB paddock was the first time since 2006 at the iconic Italian circuit. With a maximum 100 points available for any rider in the last two rounds, both Cal Crutchlow and James Toseland will have all guns blazing in the final four races to gain the best possible position in the 2010 championship standings. Crutchlow raced at Imola in World Supersport last year, scoring his ninth pole of the season at the circuit, and both riders tested there this year following the WSB round at Misano so neither will need extra time to learn the circuit before getting down to business.

Arriving at Imola Crutchlow currently sits in fifth in the championship with 217 points, his eyes firmly set on Carlos Checa in fourth, just seven points ahead. Team mate Toseland sets up for this race weekend sitting in seventh position, looking to make up the 15 point gap to Noriyuki Haga in sixth.

“I’m really looking forward to this round,” said Cal Crutchlow. “I have unfinished business here from last year, I had a great pole position start in Supersport but crashed out so need to make sure I get a victory here this weekend! I was fastest rider in the test here earlier in the year so I’m confident we can do well.”

“I had a difficult test here earlier in the year,” said James Toseland. “We’ve come a long way since then and have improved our set up so I’m confident that we can achieve more and be fighting at the front. I’m going to give it 100% as always, I definitely want to be on the podium here.”

[Image: yamahaimola.jpg]

Imola technically speaking according to Marcus Eschenbacher, Cal Crutchlow’s Crew Chief

“Imola is a really difficult track to set up for, the right suspension settings are crucial to deal with the bumps of the circuit. Having said that we worked hard at the test and found a setting for Cal which worked really well. We’re going to start the weekend with that and see if it still delivers the pace we need to fight for the podium on Sunday.”

Imola technically speaking according to Frankie Carchedi, James Toseland’s Crew Chief

“At Imola we will be starting with the same set-up as the Nurburgring. We found a good balance there and but for a little bad luck results could have been much better. We have already tested at Imola, so we will be able to go there and be strong from the outset. Imola is an extremely bumpy track with very little grip. These were the biggest problems when we tested earlier in the year, and where we hope the bike has improved over the last few races.”

Massimo Meregalli, Yamaha Sterilgarda World superbike Team Manager

“We tested at Imola after the Misano race and the results were very good so our expectation is quite high this weekend. The weather forecast is good so we shouldn’t have any issues with that. I spoke with Cal and got a really good feeling that we are going there with the bike in a good shape and can challenge for the podium. Thankfully as a result of the test James also knows the circuit well again so wil be able to start focussing on his set up rather than getting to know the circuit from the first session on Friday.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Website Find Reply