Motorpoint Yamaha News
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha News
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

Loris Baz will join the Motorpoint Yamaha Team for the final two rounds of the 2010 British Superbike Championship. With the uncertainty of Andrew Pitt’s fitness the Motorpoint team made the decision to give Loris an opportunity to race at the final two rounds, Silverstone and Oulton Park. The 17 year old French man settled into the BSB at Croft two weeks ago and really made an impression; an incredible 7th position in his first race woke up the BSB establishment and gained Loris an army of new British fans!

Rob McElnea commented.

“This is just another peak of our roller coaster season; we had concerns over Andrew’s fitness and were running out of time to test him, that uncertainty made me nervous going into the final two rounds as we have to give our backers a good chance at a strong finish.

Loris gave us all a huge boost of confidence and fired up our sponsors, to be able to now take him to a track where he has an advantage was an opportunity I could not pass over.

We all feel for Andrew as he played no part in his injury and has to sit out the end of the year, I did not feel good about the decision but I would also not feel good about him taking another knock on his shoulder at Silverstone.”

[Image: lorisbaz1.jpg]

Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha

“This is an incredible time for me and I have to thank Yamaha France and Adrian Morrillas my team manager for agreeing to let me continue with BSB. I have enjoyed my time on the Yamaha Superbike and now to be able to go to Silverstone where we had a good result in the summer is really exciting.

I also managed to test at Oulton Park last week so I now can look forward to that, I am having a really great time at the minute and I have to thank everyone around me for making it happen.”

Both Dan Linfoot and Loris Baz begin their Silverstone weekend with free practice on Friday the 24th September.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Website Find Reply