Kiyo dismisses title pressure
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo dismisses title pressure
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

Former double BSB champion Ryuichi Kiyonari has admitted he is feeling less pressure ahead of this weekend's penultimate round of the Showdown at Silverstone despite currently lying third of the Title Fighters.

Silverstone in the past has been a happy hunting ground for Kiyo; despite a different track layout he has won five of his last BSB eight races there and taken a further three podium finishes. The HM Plant Honda rider knows that he needs to regain some points over leading rivals Tommy Hill and Michael Laverty, with 27 points separating him from the title lead and team-mate Josh Brookes is only a point adrift in fourth.

Kiyo said:

"I feel that there is less pressure on me now compared to before Croft as we have nothing to lose, but I want to win the races at Silverstone. We raced the new track at the World Superbike Championship round and now I know the circuit and we have made some big improvements with the HM Plant Honda since then, so we should be fast. I am just going to try my hardest and push as hard as I can to win. I am not happy unless I am first and after Croft we need to fight for victories as I want to win the championship."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Website Find Reply