Lowes seeks title glory at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lowes seeks title glory at Silverstone
[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship leader Sam Lowes is aiming to make it a hat trick of wins at Silverstone this weekend in a bid to seal the title ahead of the season finale at Oulton Park.

GNS Racing Honda's Sam Lowes leads rival James Westmoreland by 40 points with two races remaining; he has only failed to finish on the podium once this season and is eager to maintain his impressive record. Westmoreland though has secured second in the overall standings but having finished second to Sam Lowes in the previous two races is determined to go one better at Silverstone for the CAME Yamaha team. Both teams have already raced on the new Arena GP circuit at the World Supersport Championship round and are feeling confident ahead of the race this weekend at what could be the title-deciding round.

There is an intense battle for third in the overall standings with Graeme Gowland currently holding the position for the PTR Honda team, but only 35 points separate him from tenth placed Ian Hutchinson. Gowland has failed to score points in the past two races whilst Gearlink Kawasaki's Ben Wilson was on the podium at Cadwell Park which has put him within three points of third despite his non finish last time out at Croft.

The second CAME Yamaha of Billy McConnell lies fifth ahead of Silverstone, one point adrift of Wilson, after crashing out of the lead at Croft for the second consecutive round as he seeks a podium finish for the first time since Mallory Park. But Jack Kennedy's third place at Croft puts him just seven points behind McConnell as the championship reaches the penultimate round.

Glen Richards and Dan Cooper are currently tied on 81 points for seventh with Jason O'Halloran is just three points adrift for East Coast Yamaha as Padgetts Honda's Hutchinson rounds out the top ten.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Website Find Reply