Camier out for Imola but in for 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Camier out for Imola but in for 2011
The Aprilia Alitalia Racing Team has exercised their option for the reigning British Superbike champion Leon Camier who, considering the promising results achieved this season, will be part of the official team and ride the RSV4 in the next World SBK season.

[Image: camie1r.jpg]

Leon Camier's 2010 experience was without a doubt a positive début in a highly competitive world championship. In spite of the apprenticeship, which was to be expected, the young Brit captured 3 podiums and his fair share of placements, showing consistent improvement and a growing feeling with the four cylinder Aprilia.

"We are very happy to be able to count on Leon again next season - confirms Gigi Dall'Igna, Technical and Sport Director for Aprilia Racing - He is a young rider but has excellent potential and I believe he has shown it. He achieved encouraging results in spite of the fact that he had never seen the tracks in this championship before. What we have really appreciated about him is the consistent improvement race after race. We hope that this growth trend will continue next season, allowing Leon and the Team to achieve significant results."

Leon's comments also show happiness over this reconfirmation. "I'm truly excited at the thought of being able to continue racing with Aprilia. I hope that I can take advantage of what I've learned this year, setting up a series of tests and trying new set-ups to take a decisive step forward. I have a lot of ideas for the winter and I'll give my all to make them work in anticipation of next season. The operation on my right wrist went well. I'm doing rehabilitation exercises now and I can't wait to get back into shape and astride the bike".
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Website Find Reply