Brookes goes P1 as Hill crashes
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes goes P1 as Hill crashes
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes topped the times in the final free practice session at Silverstone this morning ahead of the Swan Combi Roll for Pole qualifying this afternoon as championship leader Tommy Hill dramatically crashed on his first flying lap.

Brookes remained fastest throughout the session for the HM Plant Honda team as Motorpoint Yamaha's Loris Baz put in an impressive performance to move second fastest in the final two minutes after remaining inside the top five for the majority of the session.

Michael Laverty had run second until the closing stages for the Relentless Suzuki team, before Baz's improvement nudged him down the order with Hill recovering in the final two minutes to move fourth fastest after completing just a handful of laps.

Ryuichi Kiyonari dropped from third to fifth on the second of the HM Plant Hondas with Title Fighter Michael Rutter ending the session sixth fastest for the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati. Swan Honda's James Ellison made a drastic improvement to move seventh this morning in the dry conditions ahead of MSS Colchester Kawasaki's Simon Andrews whilst Dan Linfoot and Chris Walker rounded out the top ten.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Silverstone, free practice three result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 2m:07.217s
Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.317s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.548s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.663s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.947s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +1.269s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +1.714s
Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +1.835s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +2.026s
Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +2.414s

The Swan Combi Roll for Pole gets underway at 14:55 this afternoon.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Website Find Reply