Brookes storms to pole position at Silverstone
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes storms to pole position at Silverstone
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Josh Brookes stole the first ever BSB pole position on the Silverstone Arena circuit from Michael Rutter after a frantic last lap dash in the Swan Combi Roll for Pole qualifying session this afternoon which gave the HM Plant Honda rider his third pole start of the season.

Brookes said:

"I have been trying hard and I feel that I can run a better race pace compared to what we had at the World Superbike Championship round and I am feeling comfortable and looking forward to carry the momentum for the race. It's game on as usual and tomorrow I want to win as always."

In the opening qualifying session Brookes topped the times with an advantage of 0.657s ahead of Relentless Suzuki's Title Fighter Michael Laverty, team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari and Loris Baz with championship leader Hill in fifth.

In Q2 Brookes continued to assert his authority over his title rivals by remaining at the top and improving his times to remain ahead of team-mate Ryuichi Kiyonari who was shown the black/orange flag with a technical problem at the request of the team. Michael Laverty and Baz were again inside the top four with Michael Rutter leaving it until the halfway point to push inside the top ten. It wasn't the best session for Alastair Seeley who will start the opening race from the fourth row after qualifying in 14th.

In Q3 Brookes again powered ahead of his rivals but only in the dying seconds as Rutter looked set to steal it from the HM Plant Honda rider in the final stage. Michael Laverty was able to move to third as Kiyonari crashed out on his final lap at Farm but was able to hold on to fourth as Baz also ended Q3 with a crash at the Loop; he heads the second row. Championship leader Hill failed to secure a front row start for the first time this season in sixth alongside Dan Linfoot and Chris Walker. Simon Andrews will start from ninth with James Ellison and Swan Honda rounding out the top ten.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Silverstone, Swan Combi Roll for Pole result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 2m:06.215s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.122s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.260s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.362s
Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.697s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.786s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +1.206s
Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +1.393s
Simon Andrews (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +1.410s
James Ellison (Swan Honda) +1.865s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Website Find Reply