TOP TEN IN SILVERSTONE QUALIFYING FOR SWAN HONDA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TOP TEN IN SILVERSTONE QUALIFYING FOR SWAN HONDA
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team are gearing up for tomorrow’s penultimate round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Silverstone and will make some final setting changes for morning warm up after James Ellison and Stuart Easton qualified in tenth and thirteenth respectively.

Ellison fought his way through to the final Q3 session in the Swan Combi Roll for Pole, setting his fastest lap of the weekend, but will start the opening race from tenth on the grid. Easton meanwhile struggled to find a setting he was comfortable with and his fastest time put him thirteenth on the grid for the first race.

Ellison said:

“We have some more changes to make in warm up tomorrow, but each time we have made a tweak so far this weekend we have seen a big improvement in the times we have been able to run. For us we have just been playing catch up here again, but between the technician from K-Tech and my crew chief Mick (Shanley) they have formulated a plan for warm up to improve the front end of the Swan Honda as that is where I have been struggling. I am confident though that with those changes we can be on the pace in the races tomorrow.”

Easton said:

“It hasn’t been one of my best days and qualifying was tough for me. I did my best lap of the weekend so far but it wasn’t enough and it has given me a lot of work to do from the fourth row for the first race tomorrow. I just didn’t really feel comfortable and couldn’t run the pace that we needed to in order to start on the front two rows, but we are going to make some changes in warm up, try a new rear spring and hopefully I will then be able to push hard in the races. The whole of the Swan Honda team is working hard to put us up the front tomorrow so I want to try and pull something out of the bag.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Website Find Reply