Swan Honda’s Ellison spoils Title Fighter tussle
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Swan Honda’s Ellison spoils Title Fighter tussle
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Honda's James Ellison took a sensational victory in the second race of the day at Silverstone as he kept the Title Fighters behind him as the tension now builds ahead of the final round in two weeks' time at Oulton Park as the title standings were yet again shaken up.

Ellison said:

"It is so emotional to win especially after everything that has happened this season and I had so many things going through my mind but I needed to stay calm, but I got excited on the last lap and got a drift and then bit but fortunately I held it!"

Relentless Suzuki's Michael Laverty saw his chance of another podium vanish on the opening lap when he was involved in a crash at turn one with Loris Baz and Chris Burns whilst the Swan Honda of Ellison powered into the lead ahead of Kiyonari and Michael Rutter. Laverty rejoined but was forced to retire with a technical problem just a lap later.

Josh Brookes was working his way up the order and made a move on Alastair Seeley on the third lap to put the HM Plant Honda up to fifth and then he was pushing Gary Mason hard for fourth. However there was disaster for Rutter as he crashed out of third place at Aintree on the fourth lap. Mason then was in a potential podium position but Brookes made a move the lap later to go third and relegate Mason to fourth. The Australian was then on a mission to try and close the gap to leaders Ellison and Kiyonari however finished third to move second in the overall standings ahead of team-mate Kiyonari.

Tommy Hill meanwhile was having another tough race; he had a bad start off the line as the Worx Crescent Suzuki slid sideways and dropped him down the order. He then had a job on his hands to close the gap to the remaining Title Fighters and he found himself battling with rival Alastair Seeley before the Relentless Suzuki edged ahead and he then came under increasing pressure from Dan Linfoot on the lone Motorpoint Yamaha, before holding him off for sixth place.

Mason finished seventh for the MSS Colchester Kawasaki team as team-mate Simon Andrews was forced to retire as he held the gap on Chris Walker on the Sorrymate.com SMT Honda. John Laverty finished ninth for the Buildbase Kawasaki team whilst Peter Hickman finished tenth.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Silverstone, race two result:

James Ellison (Swan Honda)
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +5.850s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +12.865s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +15.293s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +20.264s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +22.767s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +25.308s
Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +27.694s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +28.793s
Peter Hickman (Ultimate Racing Yamaha) +39.165s

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Silverstone:

Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 589
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 578
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) 574
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 570
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) 546
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 529
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Website Find Reply