Support class roundup: Silverstone race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Support class roundup: Silverstone race
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Metzeler National Superstock 600 Championship

Nikki Coates snatched last lap victory ahead of Metzeler National Superstock 600 title chasing Luke Stapleford in a penultimate round thriller that leaves the outcome of the crown on a knife-edge.

John Simpson had made the early running, but as a four and sometimes five rider scrap developed at the front of the pack it was the local rider Stapleford who took the initiative nosing is Dom Usher Racing Yamaha out front, but only just.

Coates and Danny Buchan were pushing on hard with Adam Lyon in the mix but on the final lap as the pack closed up, Coates made the telling move to take his first victory of the season. Stapleford was second from Lyon, Buchan, and Jimmy Hill while series leader Josh Day was left trailing in ninth place.

That result piles the pressure onto Day who goes into the Oulton Park finale 147-138 ahead of Buchan with Stapleford closing in on them on 129 while Simpson who finished this race is in fourth place in the standings on 127 points.

SpeedyRetail.com British 125GP Championship

James Lodge had to settle for second best to Deane Brown in the penultimate round of the SpeedyRetail.com British 125GP Championship but RS Racing Earnshaws Motorcycles rider was not complaining as that was enough to put him back at the top of the title standings.

A race on drama and incident, run in pouring rain saw pole starter Taylor Mackenzie high-side out on the opening lap as Brown, Lodge and Rob Guiver settled into a three way duel for supremacy at the front of the pack.

Brown had the lead but Guiver, starting this race as the series leader, snatched second place from Lodge but by half distance the reigning champion Lodge had re-asserted himself powering into the lead.

Guiver was pushing on hard, and he paid the penalty, sliding out at Luffield on the seventh lap and next time around Brown was back in front, en route to victory while Lodge, despite an amazing grass-tracking excursion with the flag in sight held on to take second place ahead of Edward Rendell.

Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship

The Metzeler National Superstock 1000 race was cancelled due to bad light following a lengthy delay in the earlier British Supersport race.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Website Find Reply