Big Finish The Aim For KRT Riders
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Big Finish The Aim For KRT Riders
[Image: kawasakiwsbhdr.jpg]

Official Kawasaki rider Tom Sykes is out to carry the momentum gained in the two previous rounds into the final weekend of the 2010 season, at Magny-Cours in France.

At the Nürburgring and then Imola, Sykes was in the mix for top five places all the way, and scored his own first ever Superpole win in Italy last weekend, boosting confidence within the team as the final round draws closer.

Once more Ian Lowry will ride the other official Ninja ZX-10R as a replacement for the injured Chris Vermeulen, having already competed on the bike at a Brands Hatch BSB round, and WSBK races in Germany and Italy.

Tom is 14th in the rankings now, only three points behind the rider in front. Lowry is 24th, and out to get more points in each French race, at a circuit which has a bit of everything. Magny-Cours is a 4.411km long track in the absolute centre of France, and has been a WSBK regular in recent seasons.

Tom Sykes: “I am keeping my feet firmly on the ground to see where we end up this weekend. We have a good little base setting working now, which was good in Germany and in Italy. So it is now more a case of fine-tuning the set-up of the bike around our optimum setting for the Magny-Cours round, and hopefully the bike will work well again. We will see what the weekend brings.”

Ian Lowry: “I am looking forward to the weekend, and have just been resting for a couple of days since Imola. Magny-Cours will be the only WSB venue I have actually been to before starting qualifying. I raced in a one-make series there, I think in 2006, so I won’t have to spend the first session working out which way the track goes! Because of that I hope I will be a bit better this weekend.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Website Find Reply