Haslam joins Corser at BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Haslam joins Corser at BMW
BMW Motorrad Motorsport's rider line-up for the 2011 season in the FIM Superbike World Championship is now complete.

Riding the second BMW S 1000 RR for the Munich and Stephanskirchen-based team alongside double world champion Troy Corser (38) will be Briton Leon Haslam (27).

[Image: leonhaslam.jpg]

"We're extremely excited about working with Troy and Leon," says BMW Motorrad Motorsport Director Berthold Hauser. "This rider pairing brings together a wealth of expertise and youthful fighting spirit. We're very pleased to have not only a double world champion in our team for next year, but also the runner-up in the 2010 World Championship. It's just the right combination for our recently formed team at this stage of the project." And Hauser adds: "We've been monitoring Leon for a long time now and have been more than impressed by his strengths as a rider.

We're extremely happy to be able to welcome him into our team. We have a strong pair of riders in Troy and Leon and are in no doubt that we'll be able to achieve our ambitious aims with them on board. We would also like to thank Ruben Xaus, who over the last two years has helped to take the team to where it is today. We wish him all the best for the future."

Leon Haslam is looking forward to racing for BMW Motorrad. I've watched the progress of the BMW S1000RR in the past two seasons and the almost constant improvement of the machine has been very impressive. I'm very much looking forward to riding the machine and experiencing for myself what I've been watching. The team has shown the potential to win and the team has the factory support required so I'm hopeful that I can add the extra little bit that is needed to win. I'm really grateful to BMW for showing such faith in me and patience during difficult times and we're looking forward together now for a successful 2011."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Website Find Reply