Olie back at Home
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Olie back at Home
[Image: flitwicklogo.jpg]
[Image: olielinsdellhdr.jpg]

Just 37 days after his high speed accident during the Manx grand prix post classic race, Olie Linsdell has returned to his home in Westoning, Bedfordshire.

The accident, which happened at the fast Bishops court section of the 37 and a half mile TT course, left Olie in a critical condition with head injuries. He was flown from Nobles hospital in the Isle of Man to the Walton neurological centre in Liverpool, remaining in intensive care for a week and a half. Waking on the 5th day, he continued to astound his family and doctors by insisting on getting up on the 8th day, despite having undergone surgery on his damaged right knee the day before!
Olie continues daily to regain his strength, and has started to take walks to build up his stamina, whilst also exercising his memory, which naturally needs recuperation also.

[Image: oliehome.jpg]
Carole his mother said:

“Olie is so happy to be back in the Family home, and has been amazed by all the messages, letters, cards visits and well wishes that have been sent and continue to be received during this very difficult time. He will soon we hope feel well enough to thank you all personally, but wishes meantime for me to pass on this update.

The care and attention of the amazing Hospital staff, at Nobles, the Walton Centre and Biggleswade hospitals, plus the Marshalls and Helicopter medics that attended him at the accident scene has been nothing short of wonderful. The amazing and unexpected support of Wynn Evans, the Manx Grand Prix supporters club, Paddock angels plus many others has humbled us. The fantastic help from our Friends on and off the Island will never be forgotten.

Olie, Dad Steve, myself and Brother David can never express our thanks enough to you all. We are now all confident that Olie will make a full recovery, and are so, so lucky that he is here to tell the tale. We would also like to ask that all those positive and uplifting thoughts be directed as well to Tim Venables, and parents Tory and Brian, who we had the privilege to become acquainted with during the long hours spent at the Walton, and to whom we send our love and prayers that they too will soon all be home.

Finally, When Olie had his accident at the TT in 2009; someone said he was sponsored by God- well I am pleased to say that a second year of sponsorship was negotiated for 2010 as well”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Website Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Olie back at Home
At the time the news was worrying and the scrape marks in the road were very long, but this is good news.

Best wishes to a brave and very talented young man, and of course not forgetting Tim Venables who is also hopefully on the road to recovery.
08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Website Find Reply
ROSIE Offline

Threads: 65
(07-10-2010, 05:08 PM)Malcolm Wrote:

Just 37 days after his high speed accident during the Manx grand prix post classic race, Olie Linsdell has returned to his home in Westoning, Bedfordshire.

The accident, which happened at the fast Bishops court section of the 37 and a half mile TT course, left Olie in a critical condition with head injuries. He was flown from Nobles hospital in the Isle of Man to the Walton neurological centre in Liverpool, remaining in intensive care for a week and a half. Waking on the 5th day, he continued to astound his family and doctors by insisting on getting up on the 8th day, despite having undergone surgery on his damaged right knee the day before!
Olie continues daily to regain his strength, and has started to take walks to build up his stamina, whilst also exercising his memory, which naturally needs recuperation also.

Carole his mother said:

“Olie is so happy to be back in the Family home, and has been amazed by all the messages, letters, cards visits and well wishes that have been sent and continue to be received during this very difficult time. He will soon we hope feel well enough to thank you all personally, but wishes meantime for me to pass on this update.

The care and attention of the amazing Hospital staff, at Nobles, the Walton Centre and Biggleswade hospitals, plus the Marshalls and Helicopter medics that attended him at the accident scene has been nothing short of wonderful. The amazing and unexpected support of Wynn Evans, the Manx Grand Prix supporters club, Paddock angels plus many others has humbled us. The fantastic help from our Friends on and off the Island will never be forgotten.

Olie, Dad Steve, myself and Brother David can never express our thanks enough to you all. We are now all confident that Olie will make a full recovery, and are so, so lucky that he is here to tell the tale. We would also like to ask that all those positive and uplifting thoughts be directed as well to Tim Venables, and parents Tory and Brian, who we had the privilege to become acquainted with during the long hours spent at the Walton, and to whom we send our love and prayers that they too will soon all be home.

Finally, When Olie had his accident at the TT in 2009; someone said he was sponsored by God- well I am pleased to say that a second year of sponsorship was negotiated for 2010 as well”

wonderful news, our thoughts are with you all,
Biker Friendly Pub.
08-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Website Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
(08-10-2010, 09:04 PM)ROSIE Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 05:08 PM)Malcolm Wrote:

Carole his mother said:

wonderful news, our thoughts are with you all,

Thanks for all your good wishes, Olie is making fantastic progress, and was with us at Casdwell at the weekend, to watch his Brother David clinch the 350 goldstar championship with the CRMC.
Icon_biggrin
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
12-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply