Guy Martin on the move.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guy Martin on the move.
Guy Martin is set to partner Adrian Archibald in the AIM road racing team for the 2006 season.
The Lincolnshire-born rider, who has been based in Co Londonderry in recent years, will leave behind a successful partnership with Uel Duncan Racing.

Martin and Archibald will concentrate their efforts on the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.

Ryan Farquhar is set to decide soon who he will ride for next season after receiving a number of offers.

It is believed MSS Kawasaki, TAS Suzuki and a number of Honda teams are in the running for his signature.

From BBC sport website.

30-09-2005, 01:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Guy Martin on the move.
Farquhar's gone to TAS!

Best of luck with Guy and Adrian moving to AIM, but was Guy not going to New Zealand/Australia and joining Shaun Harris for a few races during our 'off season'?

...anyone hear of #45 Martin Finnegan's plans???
30-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

hate to say this nod me old chum, but the finn could be concentrating on his new workshop in dublin. i think richard's death has hit him [and all of us] pretty hard. we'll see after the winter is over. no doubt the dalhi llama will prove me wrong :-]
ade!
30-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a rumour going about that Martin Finnegan has retired actually, which I know he woud like to make clear isn't true. He plans to race at next months Macau Grand Prix actually.

As for next year, he should be able to confirm his plans very soon - maybe as early as next week.

As a road race fan it is certainly an exciting time right now with so many good riders about and plenty of good rides for them to take. Next season should be a classic.

Paul
30-09-2005, 02:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a Guy Martin fan but I am not sure the AIM Yam is a good move. Listening to the radio interview with him on Manx the other night, he likes to fettle things himself, I wonder how much free reign he will have to do that?

He has proved that even on an underpowered Suzuki he is a real talent.

I hope it is the right move for him, but I would hate to see people calling him next year if the results are not there.

30-09-2005, 05:49 PM