TAS Racing to front Suzuki effort in 2011
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TAS Racing to front Suzuki effort in 2011
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

Suzuki have today (Wednesday) announced that they have chosen the TAS Racing team, run by team manager Philip Neill and supported by his father Hector, to represent their 2011 racing efforts.

The Northern Ireland based squad have had their most successful British Superbike Championship season to date this year and have announced they will continue to field a two rider team in BSB in 2011.

The 2010 efforts were lead by Michael Laverty and Superbike rookie Alastair Seeley, with both riders making it through to the Showdown phase eventually finishing fourth and sixth respectively. Laverty took a maiden victory at Oulton Park in May and went on to secure another eight podiums for the team including a hard fought victory against Tommy Hill in the second race at Croft. Crossing the line with just a 0.202s advantage. 2009 National Superstock Champion Seeley finished third at the opening round at Brands Hatch in April and won the rain interrupted race on the return to Brands Hatch in August.

Team manager Philip Neill said:

"My Father and I are honoured to solely spearhead Suzuki's official racing effort in 2011, taking in both British Superbikes and International Road Racing.

"2010 completed an unbroken decade for TAS Racing representing Suzuki. Taking the current economic situation into consideration, we fully understand that the commercial side of racing is very difficult these days. We also appreciate the tough decisions Suzuki had to make regarding their future racing plans, and with this in mind, we are delighted that TAS Racing will be entrusted with the overall Suzuki racing programme within the UK.

"Our approach will remain as it always has been: to carry out the role in a professional manner, build the strongest possible team structure, including our rider line-up, and just as important - we will continue to enjoy what we do."

The team have yet to announce their riders for the 2011 campaign with an announcement due in the coming weeks.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Website Find Reply