Simoncelli and Aoyama primed for Le Mans challenge
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Simoncelli and Aoyama primed for Le Mans challenge
[Image: sancarlohondahdr.jpg]

The Italian of the San Carlo Honda Gresini team is determined to run at the front again after crashing in the previous two rounds, whilst his Japanese team-mate wants to continue his steady progress.

Team San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli heads to France this week looking to turn the page on negative results in the last two races at Jerez and Estoril. The Italian was able to release his frustration from a race crash in Portugal during a day of testing at the same circuit on the following day, when he set the fastest time. That performance confirmed that his pace and confidence have not been affected and he is now targeting a first career MotoGP podium at Le Mans.

Hiroshi Aoyama has been consistent throughout the opening three races of the year and finds himself just three points off fourth place in the Championship. Team San Carlo Honda Gresini's Japanese star is constantly improving his feeling with the Honda RC212V and his growing relationship with the team is sure to be an important base for future progress. Hiroshi has never enjoyed much success at Le Mans but he is looking forward to taking his good recent form there this weekend.

Marco Simoncelli:

“The Estoril test on the day after the race was a good way for me to put the race behind me and go to Le Mans with a different attitude. Now I am just looking forward to putting it behind me properly. The test was a useful and important one ahead of the fourth race of the season. I am more certain than ever that I can run with the front guys and I will be giving everything to come out with a top result. I will certainly be trying to make sure I don't make the same mistake on a cold tyre because the only good thing that came out of it in Portugal was a nice picture of my aerial barrel roll! Joking aside, I am keen to do well at Le Mans, a circuit I don't particularly like even though I won there in 250 in 2009 and finished second in 2008.”

Hiroshi Aoyama:

“I am happy with the results so far and with my position in the Championship. I have made good progress and I am adapting more and more to MotoGP thanks also to the brilliant job being done by the team and the excellent relationship we are building. The test after the race at Estoril was positive and we got some good information for the future. Now we go to Le Mans feeling sure we can continue on this path. The track is not one of my favourites and I have not had good results there in the past but I am sure we can change that this weekend.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Website Find Reply