Unfortunate Argentina GP for the Ducati Team as both Lorenzo and Dovizioso crash out
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Unfortunate Argentina GP for the Ducati Team as both Lorenzo and Dovizioso crash out
[Image: ducatimediahdr.jpg]

Both Ducati Team riders were forced to retire from the Argentina Grand Prix, the third round of the MotoGP World Championship, which was held today at the Termas de Río Hondo circuit.

Jorge Lorenzo, who was lining up on row 6 of the grid, powered away well as the lights changed but he crashed at the first turn after making contact with Iannone and had to retire.

Andrea Dovizioso, who also got away well from the fifth row, crossed the line at the end of lap 1 in ninth place and was then involved in a battling group made up of Bautista, Petrucci, Pedrosa and Zarco until lap 15. The Italian, who at the time was lying in seventh place, was hit by the bike of Aleix Espargarò, who crashed at turn 5 and was also forced to retire.

The next round will be held in two weeks at Austin (Texas) from 21-23 April.

[Image: doviargentinarace.jpg]

Andrea Dovizioso (Ducati Team #04) – DNF

“This was a strange race because, even though I actually had very little grip and I was not particularly competitive, I managed to recover well in the early stages and gain some positions. When I got involved in the fight with Danilo, who always brakes on the limit, I tried to find the right moment to pass him, but unfortunately at turn 5 I was hit by Aleix Espargarò’s bike and crashed out. Here in Argentina I don’t have any luck at all, seeing as today I was taken out yet again, and I’m bitterly disappointed because being able to bring home a probably fifth place, in such a difficult weekend, would have been very important.”

Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati Team #99) – DNF

“I had made a great start and managed to pass four or five riders, but coming into the first corner it was all rather chaotic, with a lot of riders trying to overtake each other under braking. I was on the inside and suddenly I found myself coming up on Iannone: unfortunately I touched his rear wheel and crashed out. It was a real pity that I never even managed to get through the first corner of the race, because today I had a good feeling with my bike, but now we have to look ahead and continue to work in a positive way like we are doing already.”
10-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Website Find Reply