FRONT ROW FOR TYCO SUZUKI AT THRUXTON BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FRONT ROW FOR TYCO SUZUKI AT THRUXTON BSB
[Image: tycotashdr1.jpg]

Tyco Suzuki's PJ Jacobsen and Josh Brookes will start tomorrow's second round of the British Superbike Championship at Thruxton from the front row of grid after final qualifying was cancelled due to poor weather conditions.

The grid positions were decided from the combined Free Practice sessions, which gave 19-year-old rookie Jacobsen second overall and his debut front-row start after an impressive lap-time aboard the GSX-R1000 on his first visit to the Hampshire venue, while Brookes will start in fourth.

PJ Jacobsen:

"Yeah, I definitely could have done with a lot more track time but I'm happy enough how qualifying went in the circumstances. I still have a lot to work on out there as the track is brand new to me, even though my lap time was pretty fast. I feel comfortable doing it but there's still a lot to be gained, so we will do what we do in morning warm-up and look forward to race one."

Josh Brookes:

"I'm not really that bothered about my starting position, as if the bike is right I can come from anywhere on the grid, like I did last year, and beat anyone round here. I just needed the track time today, which we lost, to get the suspension set-up and perfected, as it isn't quite right yet. I want to get on top of that first and foremost. We've made changes but we'll just have to see where we are now in morning warm-up as we didn't get to try it today."

In British Supersport qualifying Taylor Mackenzie qualified on the fourth row of the grid in 16th position for tomorrow's races.

Taylor Mackenzie:

"We had a few set-up issues today which meant I didn't feel quite as confident as you need to be to go fast around here. The conditions haven't been great but we will use tomorrow's sprint race to try a few things and hopefully in race two we can then give a good account of ourselves."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"It's obviously disappointing not to have the qualifying sessions, for the teams and the fans who come to see the action, but safety is of paramount importance and I'm comfortable with the decision. In this situation you can lose out, but we've come out of it okay with two front-row grid positions and we have to be happy with that. There's still work to do and morning warm-up will probably be more important in terms of than it normally is, but yeah... I'll take that from today. We have to be satisfied."

Thruxton BSB combined free practice times:

1. Alex Lowes (Honda) 1m:21.626s, 2. PJ Jacobsen (Tyco Suzuki) +0.294s, 3. Shane Byrne (Kawasaki) +0.378s, 4. Josh Brookes (Tyco Suzuki) +0.602s, 5. Jakub Smrz (Honda) +1.065s, 6. Michael Rutter (Bathams Honda) +1.067s.

14-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Website Find Reply