Johnson has ‘best bike’ for TT quest
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Johnson has ‘best bike’ for TT quest
[Image: ttmonsterlogobig.jpg]

Gary Johnson couldn’t be happier with the machinery at his disposal in 2012 as he attempts to build on the momentum of a landmark season last year.

Johnson found himself in the road racing wilderness in 2010 when he endured a low-key campaign on the AIM suzuki machines, but a return to Honda power last year brought about a revival and the talented English ace celebrated the best moment of his career to date with a victory in the second Supersport race at the Isle of Man TT.

Johnson, who will be in action here at the Relentless International North West 200 next month, joined Bruce Anstey in Clive Padgett’s Honda Racing team this season and will ride a CBR1000RR Superbike in the famous rainbow livery.

The 29-year-old is also a member of the Honda TT Legends World Endurance squad along with John McGuinness, Simon Andrews and Cameron Donald this year and competes in the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship for Samsung Honda.

Johnson will ride his own 600cc Honda on the roads as he sets his sights on adding another international victory to his breakthrough TT win last June.

[Image: garyjohnson11.jpg]

But he is also capable of producing the goods in the premier class and feels he has his best chance yet of achieving Superbike success on the Padgetts Honda Fireblade.

“Clive is fantastic and the bike is brilliant. He’s been working on the bike for five years around the Isle of Man and it’s done the fastest laps on the Mountain Course with Bruce, Ian (Hutchinson) and John on it, so I’m happy that I can get on it,” he said.

“I know what I need to do and I can just relax and concentrate on going around the course.”

Reflecting on his milestone win at the TT, Johnson added: “I’ve got one win now and the question is, is it going to be hard to follow it up?

“A win at the TT carries a lot of kudos, even in the TT paddock and it’s never going to be easy but I’ll be giving it my best shot again.”

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]

25-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Website Find Reply