Senior TT Cancelled But Cooper Claims More Silverware
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Senior TT Cancelled But Cooper Claims More Silverware
[Image: centurionhdr.jpg]

Stroud's Dan Cooper and the Cornish-based Centurion Racing team were denied the opportunity to race in the 2012 Isle of Man Senior TT yesterday when the race was cancelled for the first time in its 105-year history but despite the setback, they still left the Isle of Man adding to their silverware collection.

With heavy rain falling on Friday, the race was moved back to Saturday but the adverse weather conditions prevailed meaning that the 37.73-mile course failed to dry up substantially and despite the schedule continuing to be pushed back, the organisers were ultimately defeated and called off the race at 5pm.

The cancellation meant that Dan was confirmed in second place overall in the TT Privateers Championship whilst in addition to his one silver and three bronze replicas he won, he also received the prestigious Joe Craig Trophy, awarded to the British rider deemed to have put in the best performance on a British machine. A career-best tenth place in the second Monster Energy Supersport race ensured he was the clear winner of the award.

Dan Cooper:

"It's a shame the fortnight has ended like this as I was really looking forward to getting back out on the Honda Fireblade again but rider safety has to be paramount. In a way, I'm glad the race was called off as it wouldn't have been easy going out to race after all the delays and also knowing there were damp patches on the course so the organisers made the right decision. I've had a good week, scoring some good results and bettering both my lap times and performances from last year so I'm really happy with how it's all gone and finishing second in the Privateers Championship and picking up the Joe Craig Trophy has been the icing on the cake. I'd like to thank the team for all their work during the fortnight, everyone's pulled together and done a great job so we'll start getting ready for next year now!"

Paul Rees:

"It was yet another very successful TT for Dan and the team with the goal being a silver replica for Dan in one of the Supersport TT races. This prestigious award was what we were really aiming for and managed to get it. It was a shame about the Senior TT being postponed but it was all done for a reason. To summarise, superb results, superb riding by Dan and superb team work. Thank you also to all the sponsors, friends and family, it's been a memorable TT."

As in 2011, Centurion Racing continued to show their support for Help for Heroes, their chosen charity, by displaying H4H logos on the bikes and team attire. Team Principal Paul Rees, who spent 20 years in Her Majesty's Royal Marine Commandos, was given permission to have the bikes carry the H4H logos in order to encourage the public to be more aware of this charity that supports our Armed Forces, many of whom are making daily sacrifices in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Centurion Racing would specially like to thank Arai, FTR, GPR Racewear, Dunlop, Rage Designs, RichArt, R2 Logo Print & Embroidery, Akrapovic, Daytona, and all our friends and followers.

[Image: dancoopertt2012prizegiving1.jpg]
Dan Cooper receiving his silver replica for his tenth place finish in
Wednesday's Monster Energy Supersport TT from double TT winner Steve Plater.
Picture (courtesy of Mark Walters):

(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 08:04 PM by Malcolm.)
10-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Website Find Reply