Shakey gets better feeling in Guadix as Irwin’s learning curve continues
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey gets better feeling in Guadix as Irwin’s learning curve continues
[Image: shakeyatguadix.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne completed his first day on track at Guadix today (Wednesday) and the four-time MCE British Superbike champion admitted that he was feeling more comfortable  on the Be Wiser Ducati compared to at the previous test at Cartagena.

Byrne was the first rider on circuit this morning, completing a short run of laps initially before testing some longer stints as the team continue their development work on the Panigale. The team made positive steps during the day and rookie Glenn Irwin also continued to make changes to make him more comfortable on the Superbike.

Byrne said: 

"We have had a pretty good day for our first day on track at Guadix. I was one hundred percent convinced that when we actually got out on another circuit after Cartagena we would be in a much better position than we had been and for sure that has happened. The Be Wiser Ducati is running much better here and I am feeling much happier riding. There is still plenty more work still to do but the positive thing for me is that our fastest lap of today, even though it is so cold we shouldn't really have been pushing, was on lap 17 of a hard rear tyre as we haven't put any soft tyres in the bike, so to be as close as we are is really good. We know there is a big performance change between the two tyres so all in all it has been a good day."

Irwin said: 

"It has been a lot more productive today compared to day one because of the improved conditions. It is still cold but we managed to work through some changes and we put in an old tyre for four runs out on track which was pretty good. The best lap came at the end of the old tyre and then with the new tyre we needed to alter the bike to work with the extra grip. We are a lot closer here than we were at Cartagena which is a really good feeling."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
10-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Website Find Reply