TT roads open driver quits over car switch
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch
T-M Wrote:
sticky Wrote:Hilary, he certainly had an 'ACU...' plate as of last October. Haven't seen him since.

David Mylchreest has said on Manx Radio that if Audi were to bail out after two years, then any approach to him would have to be "with kid gloves". It does seem odd to me that this deal should have been awarded to a company that has no presence on the Island.

Well they don't at the moment but that may change. They are part of one of the worlds largest car manufacturers though, we keep thinking local but isn't this supposed to be an internationally renowned high profile event?

This is just one facet of improving the face of the Isle of Man and the TT to another audience, i.e. the car fraternity. Audi will surely use the event to promote it's cars, possibly worldwide. I don't think you can argue that the decision is in the best interests of the event and the island from a marketing perspective.

I know the rumours of Audi involvement have been around for months not weeks or days. I would think that DM would have been aware of this and should have been informed if he wasn't. I think that is probably the only gripe I would have in his position.

Sorry, but we complain when the TT is run as a knitting circle but bemoan any attempts to bring it out of it's tailspin!
09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by FC - 08-04-2008, 11:46 AM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by cargo - 07-04-2008, 05:51 PM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by truthandhonesty - 08-04-2008, 10:29 AM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by cregnybaa - 09-04-2008, 11:01 PM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by thewitch - 10-04-2008, 05:55 PM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by cargo - 16-04-2008, 10:24 AM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by thewitch - 16-04-2008, 10:30 AM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by cargo - 16-04-2008, 10:36 AM
RE: TT roads open driver quits over car switch - by thewitch - 16-04-2008, 01:35 PM