Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
BigDick Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
Nicely put Don, especially the "Large Richard" bit.
But one of the most common practises in any business as far as I know is: "sell a few items at an inflated price or sell thousands for a reasonable price"
However comparing a "Series" like the GP boys run in, to the TT is a bit like comparing Apples to Oranges.
The GP boys do an entire event at a closed track over a weekend (not including, practice, set up etc.) and get MONSTER TV coverage!
The TT for a punter can go anywhere from just watching one days worth of racing to spending up to 3 weeks+.
When I came over in 07 for example, I had air fair from Canada, stayed with sis in UK. Ferry from Liverpool for bike and rider. Rented a bike for the 2 weeks on the island, (last time 2000 the trains and busses just didn't cut it for me, B&B in Port Erin.)
Stayed with friends in Kirk Micheal. Bought tickets to the V.I.P. tent beside the Grandstand, Grandstand tickets, Black tie Dinner at Villa Marina, Who concert in Peel, helmet camera to vid my riding the course (Dream fulfilled!!) etc. etc. etc.
Sorry, I tend to ramble on a bit.
Anyway back to the numbers:
This may be oversimplifying the mathematics: (numbers are just generic)
1 punter spend a 1000 quid at the going rate = 1000 quid
10 punters spend 500 quid at a more accessible price level = 5000 quid
Quote:And the price of admission is ZERO
Not when food, fuel, accoms, fares etc are taken into account.
As I read this it makes sense to me, but don't know if it will make sense to anyone else. LOL!!!
I'm the bloke you pass as you go down the back straight.
09-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races - by BigDick - 09-05-2009, 12:13 AM